'17 TN OL K'Rojhn Calbert (UT signee)

He did, but Calbert told me earlier that he's not planning to do anything tonight. He's going to South Carolina this weekend on his first official visit, and he's still considering a few other teams, so I don't think he's going to rush into anything. But the offer from Tennessee obviously makes the Vols one of the teams to beat, if not the favorite.

RC

Reactions: 1 person
Trying hard to troll bud?

There has been some talk of him being a pretty good prospect on the DL just curious if that had been discussed here.

Na, I'll leave that to the experts. It's not like I came to this thread and trumped up some make believe character issues I heard about from some 'top secret' source.

Reactions: 5 people
6/9/16: The limited experience is obvious too. He's a blank slate as a prospect. He's been clocked at 4.9 in the 40 with 11.5 inch hands and 34.5 inch arms. He has no idea what he's doing, but he's still doing it well.

[/url]

Wow, 11.5 inch hands, is that accurate?

Na, I'll leave that to the experts. It's not like I came to this thread and trumped up some make believe character issues I heard about from some 'top secret' source.

You wouldn't know them...Vols fans...from Niagara Falls. :matrix:

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed. Makes me wonder if this offer is committable at this point.

I think the offer is committable, but I'd guess the staff is just having him wait for the right time to announce. I know what people quoted RC & Fort as saying, but I just feel like this staff held off on offering this kid because he's a pretty huge Vol fan from what I remember, and UT is where he wanted to end up if he got the offer.

I'd bet he'll be a momentum announcement at some point in the coming weeks, perhaps on homecoming when he visits next. I think the staff offered because they're comfortable with taking this kid ATP and hopefully having him as part of 4 OL to sign on NSD along with Locklear, Moore & Trey Smith. All JMO, GBO.

I think the offer is committable, but I'd guess the staff is just having him wait for the right time to announce. I know what people quoted RC & Fort as saying, but I just feel like this staff held off on offering this kid because he's a pretty huge Vol fan from what I remember, and UT is where he wanted to end up if he got the offer.

I'd bet he'll be a momentum announcement at some point in the coming weeks, perhaps on homecoming when he visits next. I think the staff offered because they're comfortable with taking this kid ATP and hopefully having him as part of 4 OL to sign on NSD along with Locklear, Moore & Trey Smith. All JMO, GBO.

Kid looks like a heck of an athlete and being a tenn kid that makes me want him but I can't see a commitment from him being much of a momentum thing. Just not rated high enough for that IMO.

Visiting us for Homecoming. I'm guessing he announces his commitment that weekend if not before.

Not trying to be the star gazer here, but is a 3* ever a 'momentum gainer'? Seems like you need to be at least a 4* for that title. I just don't know how much momentum a 3* brings, not that he can't pan out...but we talkin' bout momentum...kinda like practice. We talkin' bout practice man...

I don't know about y'all, but I'm very excited about the potential of 3 stars Tatum and Niehaus. As long as he has a high ceiling, there should be plenty of time to develop him. My concern is the ability to develop. Seems as though our OL should have been much better this year than it has been. Injuries have hampered them for sure, but still hasn't been what I expected.

Not trying to be the star gazer here, but is a 3* ever a 'momentum gainer'? Seems like you need to be at least a 4* for that title. I just don't know how much momentum a 3* brings, not that he can't pan out...but we talkin' bout momentum...kinda like practice. We talkin' bout practice man...

why pay so much attention to it when youre dealing with Offensive Linemen? its a developmental position to the fullest. You have to be told what to think?

I don't know about y'all, but I'm very excited about the potential of 3 stars Tatum and Niehaus. As long as he has a high ceiling, there should be plenty of time to develop him. My concern is the ability to develop. Seems as though our OL should have been much better this year than it has been. Injuries have hampered them for sure, but still hasn't been what I expected.

I saw Niehaus at the Vol walk and the dude looks intimidating. Reminded me of this guy:

ivan-drago1.jpg

Ok, maybe a commitment from him would CONTINUE some momentum. Think of it this way-

Ignont commits the week of the South Carolina game.
Maybe Calbert commits the next week at the homecoming game vs Tenn Tech.
Maybe a guy like Darrian Felix or Yusuf Corker come to the Kentucky game and decide they've seen all they need to see and commit.
Maybe a TJ Moore comes back here to see one more game for the Missouri game. Jumps on as well.
Then before you know it, it's December, you've added some strong targets and are still heavily factoring into the December decisions of guys like Lamont Wade, Trey Smith, maybe a Matthew Butler, and a new QB. Pretty strong finish, and a guy like Calbert can be a key piece in that streak of commitments. All JMO, GBO.

VN Store

Back