'17 TN OL K'Rojhn Calbert (UT signee)

I love that we might get this kid and I would get to see him develop and play at UT! I am friends with most of his family and am from Warren County and it would be awesome to see him bust some heads.

"Heard this evening that the Vols have extended an offer to Calbert after an extensive evaluation. Would guess that's one to keep a close eye on"

- Rob Lewis

Reactions: 1 person
Is this the second commitment for tonight? Would this mean bad news on Trey Smith?

Maybe Calbert is the 2nd call that BO91 was talking about but we just offered officially tonight so doubtful.

Who knows but would have nothing to do with Trey Smith. We are going to sign at least 4 more OL possibly for 2017 especially if they're 4* or 5*.

"For those asking, I don't think this is a sign of Smith or Moore, instead a sign of this kid's game being pretty good.

As for his knees, he's been to several doctors and from what I understand everyone has said his knees look good to go for the future."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 5 people
Definitely not a highly rated guy like Ignont, but the OL is a developmental position and you really have to trust the coaching staff on evaluation.

Definitely not a highly rated guy like Ignont, but the OL is a developmental position and you really have to trust the coaching staff on evaluation.

He's getting lots of offers. But yeh it's one position where you can't focus on stars as much. Smith,Calbert, Locklear and Moore would be a really good OL haul.

He's getting lots of offers. But yeh it's one position where you can't focus on stars as much. Smith,Calbert, Locklear and Moore would be a really good OL haul.

I know this isn't his thread but since we are on the topic, how is Jalen McKenzie doing this year? Knees holding up?

Sorry Bruin. Got caught up in the fun of awkward responses to your question.

Real question is does Kessling resign immediately after this commitment?

"Paul can speak to this as well, but having met him, he seems like a very high character young man. Has liked Tennessee a lot from the start and hasn't pulled an attitude or taken offense that they've been slow to offer while UF and others pulled the trigger early. Classy young fellow and very level-headed."

- Rob Lewis

Reactions: 14 people
6/9/16: The limited experience is obvious too. He's a blank slate as a prospect. He's been clocked at 4.9 in the 40 with 11.5 inch hands and 34.5 inch arms. He has no idea what he's doing, but he's still doing it well.

Injuries have been the reason for his slow emergence. Calbert tore his ACL three games into his freshman season. A botched surgery and rehab saw him limited to only three games as a sophomore. He had surgery once again in the spring of his sophomore year and missed his junior season.

Now with only basketball clips under his belt, Calbert is poised for a breakout season on the football field and a college career is quickly becoming a reality.

...Everybody in the Warren County community is rooting for Calbert. His basketball coach, Chris Sullens, knows first hand what a special kid he is both on and off the field. Sullens saw Calbert average around 10 points and 8 rebounds per game as a junior. He's already looking like a 20 and 12 guy as a senior this summer. But Sullens is most taken with Calbert as a person.

Two SEC offers for huge sleeper K'Rojhn Calbert

Reactions: 6 people
"Talked to K'Rojhn Calbert about his offer tonight and he's definitely excited. He said he's been working hard for this one.

He still wants to take a couple of visits and will take an official visit to South Carolina this weekend. He will be back at Tennessee for the homecoming game against Tech.

He said right now he hopes to make a decision in December or early January, but wouldn't rule anything out right now.

This offer is certainly one he was hoping for so we will see how things play out."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back