'17 TN OL/DT Trey Smith (UT commit 12/6/2016)

The 17 class has the chance to be as good as the 15 class, we need to get a big name to commit so he can recruit like K-MAC did, K-MAC sealed the deal on Richmond, we dont have that high profile recruit this year to help like we did in 14 and 15 class, we got to follow the 16 class with a top 5 class in 17 to show that we are getting to the top to stay awhile.:lolabove:

I think Guarantano would qualify as a big time recruit. We just may not know the impact he has for a while.

Would love to get this guy. He attends a very good High School that graduates good students.

"On the offensive line, it starts with two instate players in Trey Smith of Jackson and Isaiah Stokes, of Memphis. Stokes in particular put on a show at Tennessee's camp last month and had the Tennessee coaching staff confident he was a major target after only playing a handful of games on the offensive line last season." - VQ

Reactions: 3 people
top 5 is a bit over-rated, I would think definitely top 50 tho. He needs to improve technique and get a bit more aggressive, both of which can be fixed before he steps foot onto a university campus.

That's espn for ya

True but he also was one of the handful of juniors invited to the Opening so I am sure his performance and invite there likely played a part in it. Todd Huber who is one of the guys in charge of who attend the Opening said at the time of his invite the kid was clearly one of the top 20 OL in the country regardless of class.

I tend to take ESPN rankings with a grain of salt buts It's at least interesting to see how highly someone sees him.

True but he also was one of the handful of juniors invited to the Opening so I am sure his performance and invite there likely played a part in it. Todd Huber who is one of the guys in charge of who attend the Opening said at the time of his invite the kid was clearly one of the top 20 OL in the country regardless of class.

I tend to take ESPN rankings with a grain of salt buts It's at least interesting to see how highly someone sees him.

so is he more of an OL lean at this point? I know it can change but the OL/DT in the title had me curious.

VN Store

Back