'17 TN OL/DT Trey Smith (UT commit 12/6/2016)

XVI05z7.gif

Reactions: 4 people
#1 player overall by ESPN but #49 by Rivals? What a huge difference & mess. Proves these recruiting services are not very reliable doesn't it. :wink:

Once rivals rates someone much lower than everyone else and are called out for It they almost never bumped them much so he is lucky he got bumped that much. They don't want to admit being wrong

It looks like rivals hasn't actually updated his ranking...he was a 5.9 but should be a 6.0 now...it also looks like Chandlers bump into the 100 hasn't been applied yet...we should have jumped 32 points but haven't...if any of you all tweet you should hammer Farrell about this

Reactions: 1 person
It looks like rivals hasn't actually updated his ranking...he was a 5.9 but should be a 6.0 now...it also looks like Chandlers bump into the 100 hasn't been applied yet...we should have jumped 32 points but haven't...if any of you all tweet you should hammer Farrell about this
Someone posted on another board that the player profile pages and team points will be updated tomorrow to reflect the updated player ratings.

Rivals are some morons. In their descriptions of Smith they said he needs to add weight to his tiny frame. Are they freaking serious? Have they seen this guy

Reactions: 2 people
Rivals are some morons. In their descriptions of Smith they said he needs to add weight to his tiny frame. Are they freaking serious? Have they seen this guy

Rivals makes me cringe anymore. Don't see how you can go from good to a total **** show when it comes to evaluating players.

The Rock said Trey is ready to play now, so definitely would take his word over rivals anyday even without looking at Trey for myself.

Reactions: 2 people
Rivals makes me cringe anymore. Don't see how you can go from good to a total **** show when it comes to evaluating players.

They like our class better than anyone.

Just don't like trey as much as everyone else. Same with Khalil. No biggie. I still think they are better than 247 and their fake composite.

Someone posted on another board that the player profile pages and team points will be updated tomorrow to reflect the updated player ratings.

It looks like the updated the points from the 100/250 update but they still have smith as a 5.9 instead of a 6.0

Rivals triple stamping their Smith eval. Today is third freaking article I have seen from them in past three weeks trying to explain their ranking and why he doesn't look like a five star. Such a joke. If he doesn't look like a five star then I don't know what qualifies as a five star then I guess.

Big, Strong, Nasty, Athletic, Versatile and Smart. What else you want the kid to be? The only question for me was his HS competition but he has shown he more than belongs at the Opening his Jr year and this year at Under Armour game.

I think they just don't want to come out and say they don't want to rate a potential G as a five star.

Rivals triple stamping their Smith eval. Today is third freaking article I have seen from them in past three weeks trying to explain their ranking and why he doesn't look like a five star. Such a joke. If he doesn't look like a five star then I don't know what qualifies as a five star then I guess.

Big, Strong, Nasty, Athletic, Versatile and Smart. What else you want the kid to be? The only question for me was his HS competition but he has shown he more than belongs at the Opening his Jr year and this year at Under Armour game.

I think they just don't want to come out and say they don't want to rate a potential G as a five star.

They'll look like idiots soon. Just like in 2014 when they put Da'shawn Hand #1 overall ahead of Leonard Fournette and Myles Garrett (who everyone else had ranked ahead of Hand).

Trey Smith is a clear 5 star. The kid will be a stud right off the bat. He might not be that future NFL LT but he'll be a big time guard or RT.

They like our class better than anyone.

Just don't like trey as much as everyone else. Same with Khalil. No biggie. I still think they are better than 247 and their fake composite.
ESPN completed their final updates and still ranks him as the #1 player in the country:

ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

Some sites have a few OTs ranked higher than him. So much variation is what makes the composite ranking popular.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back