'17' TN ATH Tee Higgins (Clemson commit)

So... it must be asked...

Any source on this besides your gut?

Do have a cousin that plays on the football team with him. Cousin did tell me when he decomitted it was because he wanted to keep his options open for basketball ( his favorite sport) it had nothing to do with football. If you recall he got a Louisville offer around that time frame. Now I think he is seeing that his future and chance to make money one day playing a sport is on the football side.

Reactions: 2 people
Its great to get top notch WRs. BUT, we gotta use them. Have to get the ball in their hands. Passing game has to be on point this year. Period

Do have a cousin that plays on the football team with him. Cousin did tell me when he decomitted it was because he wanted to keep his options open for basketball ( his favorite sport) it had nothing to do with football. If you recall he got a Louisville offer around that time frame. Now I think he is seeing that his future and chance to make money one day playing a sport is on the football side.

:hi:

Hubbs seems to think its impossible to play both sports in college now a days, but Jay Rome did it for UGA 2 years ago. I think Tee is athletic enough to do it

Reactions: 1 person
Hubbs seems to think its impossible to play both sports in college now a days, but Jay Rome did it for UGA 2 years ago. I think Tee is athletic enough to do it

I believe he could as well. Way back when when J.Copland played at Harriman it was kind of known he wanted a UNC offer for basketball. If that happened he would have never ended up at UT. I think that is kind of the same thing with Tee, maybe not UNC but you get the picture. I think he won't end up getting that particular basketball offer he wants, so he should do the next best thing and play both at UT.

I believe he could as well. Way back when when J.Copland played at Harriman it was kind of known he wanted a UNC offer for basketball. If that happened he would have never ended up at UT. I think that is kind of the same thing with Tee, maybe not UNC but you get the picture. I think he won't end up getting that particular basketball offer he wants, so he should do the next best thing and play both at UT.
Don't know that for sure but just thinking out loud.

How won't it be different? Maybe the WRs won't be mostly Freshmen and Sophs....... That may help out a lot.....

I don't disagree with you, but Josh Malone really needs to find that dog in him. Smith and Williams should be (at minimum) solid. I'm curious to see what wrinkles they'll mix in for Croom.

I don't disagree with you, but Josh Malone really needs to find that dog in him. Smith and Williams should be (at minimum) solid. I'm curious to see what wrinkles they'll mix in for Croom.

I'm banking on Preston, Croom, and Josh Smith personally. Wolf will also be a big factor. I think Dobbs being given more freedom will do us a lot of good. His mind is a weapon. A kid that smart should be allowed to audible a lot more. When he checked out of play in the run game we got big runs off of it. He threw passes to spots last year where WRs read the coverage completely wrong. Made it look like he had accuracy woes that weren't always as bad as it looked. Coaches have to be much more aggressive in the passing game. If Worley Bird got more complex calls surely Dobbs can handle it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Its great to get top notch WRs. BUT, we gotta use them. Have to get the ball in their hands. Passing game has to be on point this year. Period

FYI - Dobbs will be throwing this year then leaving so passing game on point this year will have little to do with the passing next year.

Generally, that's not something you find within you. Azzani can't teach him that... Although he will get blamed on VN.

Is it so difficult to think of him as a player that hasn't snuffed his hype? He has some time left, but he is a 3rd WR, 2nd at best on most other teams. Not calling you out Wick, but this blind hope on Malone or blaming everything on Azzani has run it's course.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh I know you're not. Personally I'm not sure how much blame should be on Z. Malone still has the potential. It took Meach 3 years to reach his potential, so I'll still hold out hope

Reactions: 3 people
Generally, that's not something you find within you. Azzani can't teach him that... Although he will get blamed on VN.

Is it so difficult to think of him as a player that hasn't snuffed his hype? He has some time left, but he is a 3rd WR, 2nd at best on most other teams. Not calling you out Wick, but this blind hope on Malone or blaming everything on Azzani has run it's course.

Agreed, kid played great versus Georgia and Alabama. Then went back to the inconsistent player he's known to be after a breakout game against Kentucky. I've never seen a thing like it personally from a kid with his talent.

VN Store

Back