'17' TN ATH Tee Higgins (Clemson commit)

And you're guessing as to who and what I know. I'm sure you got on the 'red phone' during Tee Higgins recruitment and called your closetohiggins buddy and asked for the low down during his recruitment.

Deflections aside, maybe answer my questions? Why do you think my story is BS and yours is true? Has Tee been in trouble?

I'll give you my source. It's the voice of Wildcat radio. He's one of my best friends in the world. I don't call him about Tee, but inevitably ORHS and UT athletics come up in conversations.

Reactions: 1 person
Why wait? Lets start one now, the dialogue in here is riveting, at least better than the Appy St. argument in the Jaycee Horn thread.

Oh, but it's not just Appy St...it's all of Butch's losses & "too close" victories coupled with every bad decision made along the way in hindsight.

Deflections aside, maybe answer my questions? Why do you think my story is BS and yours is true? Has Tee been in trouble?

I'll give you my source. It's the voice of Wildcat radio. He's one of my best friends in the world. I don't call him about Tee, but inevitably ORHS and UT athletics come up in conversations.

There is such a thing as "the voice of Wildcat radio?"

Tee hasn't been in trouble, but he was running around with people who have been. This is per former players who run camps in the area and have some knowledge on kids in this area. The reason I think your story is bs is simply because that was the bs excuse Tee and his family constructed after they lied to the coaches about his commitment. From there everyone in Tee's camp seemed to take this shift in his stance toward the coaches as the gospel. For everything you may be able to say about Butch's ability as a coach, his aggressive recruiting has never been in question. Nor was it in question until Tee decommitted. Couple that with stories of a possible monetary exchange and it stands to reason it's a bs excuse.

Reactions: 6 people
Tee hasn't been in trouble, but he was running around with people who have been. This is per former players who run camps in the area and have some knowledge on kids in this area. The reason I think your story is bs is simply because that was the bs excuse Tee and his family constructed after they lied to the coaches about his commitment. From there everyone in Tee's camp seemed to take this shift in his stance toward the coaches as the gospel. For everything you may be able to say about Butch's ability as a coach, his aggressive recruiting has never been in question. Nor was it in question until Tee decommitted. Couple that with stories of a possible monetary exchange and it stands to reason it's a bs excuse.

I believe you hit the nail on the head here.

Reactions: 3 people
Tee hasn't been in trouble, but he was running around with people who have been. This is per former players who run camps in the area and have some knowledge on kids in this area.

So former Tennessee players have said this? Who?

The reason I think your story is bs is simply because that was the bs excuse Tee and his family constructed after they lied to the coaches about his commitment. From there everyone in Tee's camp seemed to take this shift in his stance toward the coaches as the gospel.

When two stories match up, that doesn't discredit the stories, that strengthens the credibility. The idea that they would lie and blame Butch to cover up that they felt like Tee should get away from east TN does not add up. There is no cover-up needed. I need to get out of TN is just as good of an "excuse" as Dabo worked harder and sold me.

For everything you may be able to say about Butch's ability as a coach, his aggressive recruiting has never been in question. Nor was it in question until Tee decommitted. Couple that with stories of a possible monetary exchange and it stands to reason it's a bs excuse.

Nobody said Butch is a passive recruiter. I said Dabo worked harder. Butch's history of aggressive recruiting does nothing to disprove the notion that Dabo worked harder in this instance.

The monetary exchange is 100% rumor and there is nothing credible to back that up.

So former Tennessee players have said this? Who?

When two stories match up, that doesn't discredit the stories, that strengthens the credibility. The idea that they would lie and blame Butch to cover up that they felt like Tee should get away from east TN does not add up. There is no cover-up needed. I need to get out of TN is just as good of an "excuse" as Dabo worked harder and sold me.

Nobody said Butch is a passive recruiter. I said Dabo worked harder. Butch's history of aggressive recruiting does nothing to disprove the notion that Dabo worked harder in this instance.

The monetary exchange is 100% rumor and there is nothing credible to back that up.

Why would I reveal names? I have nothing to prove to you. Nor do I care what you believe. Just calling your usual bs out for all to see. And you have no proof other than a local DJ that you briefly spoke to about this kids recruitment. And no amount of you conflating issues and creating your own narrative changes that. That's your problem you take hearsay and speak in absolutes but attempt to discredit hearsay from other people. Take the money exchange for example. Most people in here have read insinuations from VQ analysts and guys like OV who have had a good track record. But because your friend told you otherwise, his hearsay trumps other people's hearsay that has more credibility. You're a hipster dweeb that likes to argue, probably doesn't know jack about sports, and gets his rocks off doing whatever he can to tear down what people like to enjoy in their spare time. That probably works in your little world, not so much when your world expands.

Last edited:
Why would I reveal names? I have nothing to prove to you. Nor do I care what you believe. Just calling your usual bs out for all to see. And you have no proof other than a local DJ that you briefly spoke to about this kids recruitment. And no amount of you conflating issues and creating your own narrative changes that. That's your problem you take hearsay and speak in absolutes but attempt to discredit hearsay from other people. Take the money exchange for example. Most people in here have read insinuations from VQ analysts and guys like OV who have had a good track record. But because your so friend told you otherwise, his hearsay trumps other people's who hearsay that has more credibility. You're a hipster dweeb that likes to argue, probably doesn't know jack about sports, and gets his rocks off doing whatever he can to tear down what people like to enjoy in their spare time. That probably works in your little world, not so much when your world expands.

Why are you making it so personal? You're doing the things you are accusing me of doing.

Reactions: 2 people
Why would I reveal names? I have nothing to prove to you. Nor do I care what you believe. Just calling your usual bs out for all to see. And you have no proof other than a local DJ that you briefly spoke to about this kids recruitment. And no amount of you conflating issues and creating your own narrative changes that. That's your problem you take hearsay and speak in absolutes but attempt to discredit hearsay from other people. Take the money exchange for example. Most people in here have read insinuations from VQ analysts and guys like OV who have had a good track record. But because your so friend told you otherwise, his hearsay trumps other people's who hearsay that has more credibility. You're a hipster dweeb that likes to argue, probably doesn't know jack about sports, and gets his rocks off doing whatever he can to tear down what people like to enjoy in their spare time. That probably works in your little world, not so much when your world expands.

Don't waste your time.

RE: Eisen just said he's HOF and 78% of ESPN's 4,235 polled say so too.

Jerry Kramer was on a lot of all-century teams, and when he retired was a shoo-in. Weird calculations run around in those voters heads during those five years.

Tee is my brother so I am very close and you are wrong. Case close on this message board now that everyone knows each other.

Kid made a good choice. Clemson is doing a great job developing WRs
But UT is on the uptake in that department....

Very classless in how he announced for Clemson while UT was led on. No need for that.

I do look forward to watching him play for Clemson. He should be a great.

He would have been great at UT as well.

Kid made a good choice. Clemson is doing a great job developing WRs
But UT is on the uptake in that department....

Very classless in how he announced for Clemson while UT was led on. No need for that.

I do look forward to watching him play for Clemson. He should be a great.

He would have been great at UT as well.

He could be a bust as well. I don't get why people label hs kids future 1st team AA and other crazy labels. Kids have a greater chance of being average than exceptional.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back