'17' TN ATH Tee Higgins (Clemson commit)

"It makes me feel real good," Higgins said. "Coach Jones and coach Bajakian called my coach and offered me tonight. I was so happy that Tennessee offered. I grew up as a Tennessee fan. It's good to see my hard work pay off. I love the atmosphere they have and the fans. I like the coaching staff and they push their players to work harder and I like how they coach the team."

Higgins was able to tell his mother about the Tennessee offer and the emotions showed up very fast.

"She started tearing up," Higgins said. "It meant a lot to see me get two offers from two big schools. She was really happy. She is happy about Tennessee because it gives me the chance to be closer to home."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
"It makes me feel real good," Higgins said. "Coach Jones and coach Bajakian called my coach and offered me tonight. I was so happy that Tennessee offered. I grew up as a Tennessee fan. It's good to see my hard work pay off. I love the atmosphere they have and the fans. I like the coaching staff and they push their players to work harder and I like how they coach the team."

Higgins was able to tell his mother about the Tennessee offer and the emotions showed up very fast.

"She started tearing up," Higgins said. "It meant a lot to see me get two offers from two big schools. She was really happy. She is happy about Tennessee because it gives me the chance to be closer to home."

-VQ

Thanks! Sounds like he could be the first 2017 commit.

-VQ

Boom! Vol lock! I'm going to say he commits between NSD and the 2015 spring game.

Shouldn't be hard to get his kid in Tennessee Orange IMO. Growing up in Clinton there were always coaches coming to see Oak Ridges team, a lot of UNC and Alabama. Watching Shaun Bohannon and the DB that also went to Bama were pretty fun times.. Although they curb stomped my Dragons every year except my freshman year.

Claimed to be a Vol fan in a recent interview. Also said his mother teared up when he told her of the offer.

only question with this kid is football or basketball.

Claimed to be a Vol fan in a recent interview. Also said his mother teared up when he told her of the offer.

only question with this kid is football or basketball.

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I'd put my money on football. :)

good to hear.

There is another 2017 receiver in Clarksville, Caleb Rozar, who is even bigger than Higgins and is expected to be a big time prospect.

Getting those two for 2017 would be huge.

Reactions: 1 person
Shouldn't be hard to get his kid in Tennessee Orange IMO. Growing up in Clinton there were always coaches coming to see Oak Ridges team, a lot of UNC and Alabama. Watching Shaun Bohannon and the DB that also went to Bama were pretty fun times.. Although they curb stomped my Dragons every year except my freshman year.

Jason McAddley was the other player in that Oak Ridge class to sign with Bama. Mike Gipson, a WR from that Oak Ridge class signed with Florida, but was dismissed and enrolled at Carson-Newman, and was there during the same time I was. Talk about fast.

Jason McAddley was the other player in that Oak Ridge class to sign with Bama. Mike Gipson, a WR from that Oak Ridge class signed with Florida, but was dismissed and enrolled at Carson-Newman, and was there during the same time I was. Talk about fast.

Cheering for Clinton after Gaylor left for Maryville was pointless. We had talent everywhere, but Catlitt (sp) ran our program into the ground.

So I started hanging with the OR ladies instead, it was much more fun at the time lol.

good to hear.

There is another 2017 receiver in Clarksville, Caleb Rozar, who is even bigger than Higgins and is expected to be a big time prospect.

Getting those two for 2017 would be huge.

Rozar should be offered soon. I fully expect by the next time coaches do evals that he will be offered

Reactions: 1 person
Cheering for Clinton after Gaylor left for Maryville was pointless. We had talent everywhere, but Catlitt (sp) ran our program into the ground.

So I started hanging with the OR ladies instead, it was much more fun at the time lol.

I went to Halls, and what has happened to that program since Gary Sheppard left is an abomination.

Just heard the head coach at Oak Ridge is a huge UGA fan and that him and Tee will be attending the UGA/AU game next weekend

Last edited:

VN Store

Back