'17 TN ATH Jacoby Stevens (LSU commit)

Ty Chandler also has the offer. Jacoby has awful grades, though. He was put on athletic probation for first half of basketball season and I've heard he had below a 50 in English. This is at a school that has terrible academics and is almost impossible to fail for athletes.

Good thing he has 3 and 1/2 years to make it better. I can't really see how grades can be a concern on a kid that might not even have a learners permit yet. Good to hear he has an offer, hope he matures and becomes a great player down the line.

Good thing he has 3 and 1/2 years to make it better. I can't really see how grades can be a concern on a kid that might not even have a learners permit yet. Good to hear he has an offer, hope he matures and becomes a great player down the line.

Ha was thinking same thing. How you going to have grade concerns and haven't even finished freshman academic year. Plenty of time

"Stevens, a 2017 prospect, first caught Volquest's eye this fall when, as a freshman, he started for Ensworth at linebacker. He had a good camp earlier this winter at the IFM 7-on-7 tryouts and will once again have an opportunity to impress as one of the youngest players on hand."

-VQ

"Finally, Jacoby Stevens had a good day at receiver as well. He has a good frame and could even play another position but was really good today."

-Fortenberry

SN: In this particular statement, Fortenberry used "finally" in a list of things.

Reactions: 2 people
It's almost the same grouping for '17 wide receiver Jacob Stevens, who again showed strong hands and fluid athleticism a the Rivals Camp. Stevens holds offers from the Vols, Wildcats and Rebels.

"I think I showed my deep-ball threat, and I think I showed I can come out of my cuts and stuff. But I still have a lot of stuff to work on," Stevens said. "Coming out even sharper on my cuts, using my eyes for deception and just coming out my hips better.

"I think I definitely showed the work. Honestly, I think I would've gotten eaten alive if I wasn't with Buck and Playmakers and working with those same DBs who were here, like Ugo."

Stevens just became teammates with Jones, the Vols' four-star offensive lineman commitment from Murfreesboro's Oakland High School, after transferring from Ensworth.

Reactions: 3 people
Stevens just became teammates with Jones, the Vols' four-star offensive lineman commitment from Murfreesboro's Oakland High School, after transferring from Ensworth.

Very good news (as far as it goes for TN) that he's no longer at Ensworth IMO. Keep him as far away as possible from the people on the outside who are involved with kids like McGraw.

I think he will be one of the more sought after prospects in his class. I'm glad we were his first offer and have an early lead.

Crazy to see "17" on the VN Board. This kid looks special Hopefully by the time he signs TN is back to the top of the SEC East.

Dang, that's an impressive offer list for a guy who'll only be a sophmore this year.

Would REALLY help our chances to flip Rico, and make it 2 years in a row we land an Ensworth kid.

VN Store

Back