'17 OH WR Jaylen Harris (Ohio St. commit)

You're right. Unfortunately more and more local kids just don't see UT as the great option we'd like them to. Of course that can be fixed, but that's something the staff has to decide is a priority. After a few years, I'm thinking it's just not going to be something they focus on.

I liked you better when numbers was your spiel.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol so I see "Coach Z" is still claiming he coached Antonio Brown as apart of his pitch. Too bad that's about the only thing he has to point at so far. I sure hope P. Willy has the breakout season I believe he is capable of.

Because no offense to CZA, he did a solid job with AB obviously, but I have watched AB grow during his years in the league. Heck, I went to the first road game during AB's rookie year, and he is far and away a different receiver now. Most of his growth came while he was in the NFL, under the Steeler's system. Claiming that you coached up the #1 WR in the NFL is a little bit of a stretch.

Well Brown likes Z and says he wouldn't be the WR he is now if it weren't for Z. So there's that. . .

Well Brown likes Z and says he wouldn't be the WR he is now if it weren't for Z. So there's that. . .

That's because Antonio's biggest problem was Antonio. Z straightened him out and helped him grow up more than anything. I can't imagine Azzani's coaching was so superb he turned a HS QB into a 102 reception FR in 3 weeks of fall camp. He had a ton of potential if he got his head out of his ass.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol so I see "Coach Z" is still claiming he coached Antonio Brown as apart of his pitch. Too bad that's about the only thing he has to point at so far. I sure hope P. Willy has the breakout season I believe he is capable of.

Because no offense to CZA, he did a solid job with AB obviously, but I have watched AB grow during his years in the league. Heck, I went to the first road game during AB's rookie year, and he is far and away a different receiver now. Most of his growth came while he was in the NFL, under the Steeler's system. Claiming that you coached up the #1 WR in the NFL is a little bit of a stretch.

Cheney does the same thing with Drew Brees. It's been what...15 years since he coached him?

CB came from a Buckeye national analyst which is who he seemed to be favoring. This would be a great get for the Vols. 6-6 wideout that can run. Him along with Murphy is a pretty good WR haul.

CB came from a Buckeye national analyst which is who he seemed to be favoring. This would be a great get for the Vols. 6-6 wideout that can run. Him along with Murphy is a pretty good WR haul.

Yep, his commit would definitely take the sting out of losing Tee.

That's because Antonio's biggest problem was Antonio. Z straightened him out and helped him grow up more than anything. I can't imagine Azzani's coaching was so superb he turned a HS QB into a 102 reception FR in 3 weeks of fall camp. He had a ton of potential if he got his head out of his ass.

Yep, we wouldn't want to give one of our coaches a positive spin?? Obviously you know more than AB as to who was instrumental in helping reach his potential!!

Jones is currently committed as a slot guy as well.

From what I know here, it sounds like he could still commit to OSU today. They are in on, and likely to get, Trevon Grimes and Tyjon Lindsey, but Harris is a Rivals250 talent in-state and that holds some weight too, even if he is not as high on their board as the other two from a talent standpoint.

So, if he were to commit this month, then I believe they would still take him and the choice would likely go to Ohio State. But, if he takes it into the season and takes official visits then the likelihood is he goes elsewhere and the recruitment gets very interesting.

- Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

Never know. You would think an outside WR wouldn't push out a slot guy unless you're just taking best available. It is getting interesting.

I think Murphy can play inside too, so it's just a matter of talent at that point, and I like what I see in Harris over Jones from a talent standpoint. Seems like we took a few guys last class who can play inside too (L. Williams, M. Callaway, Byrd).

I'm guessing you're saying this based purely off his star rating?

Nope, not at all. Have you seen Harris' tape? Natural hands catcher, makes great contested catches, and gets great separation in the red zone on jump balls.

Players like Jones are a dime a dozen IMO when compared to 6-5 guys who can do what Harris can do when the ball is in the air.

Having said that, those are the reasons Harris is a solid 4* prospect.

Edit: To add to that, Fant being an instate guy gives him an edge in my mind, and I like Murphy just as much as Jones on tape. So like I said, if one HAS to go, I'd probably cut Jones loose, but it's not because he isn't solid himself. I just like the other 3 better personally.

Last edited:
Fant is going to go off this year. He has elite size and tools. Only his injury last season hurts his ranking

Reactions: 3 people
Jones is probably the kid on the chopping block, like it has been said Fant is a big strong kid who will likely blow up this year if he stays healthy and Murphy will do the same if his grades are in order.

VN Store

Back