'17 OH WR Jaylen Harris (Ohio St. commit)

so many wrs, Tee is gonna be on the outside looking in wishing he had done the right thing.

Nah. As a WR, with the way things stand today with the respective offenses/passing games.....Tee made the right decision. Otoh, if our passing game somehow takes a quantum leap this year and all of a sudden we actually do resemble the WRU Tennessee teams of yesteryear, then you could be right. That's a very big "if" though.

Nah. As a WR, with the way things stand today with the respective offenses/passing games.....Tee made the right decision. Otoh, if our passing game somehow takes a quantum leap this year and all of a sudden we actually do resemble the WRU Tennessee teams of yesteryear, then you could be right. That's a very big "if" though.

He may have made the right decision. But he sure as hell handled it the wrong way.

Reactions: 1 person

He's making his decision on the basis of how things are, not how they will be when he gets here. There is zero chance that our downfield attack stays the same with the guys waiting in the wings.

How does landing the #1 WR in 2018 not make up for losing Tee? And don't say we should get both.

With the current state of our passing game, discussing pulling the #1WR in the country from California(unless he has ties to UT somehow) is like discussing Gruden coming to be Butch's peanut butter coordinator.

But, side by side and if in the same class I'd take Tee. Instate matters, at least for me. Especially when the recruits being compared are similar talent.

Reactions: 2 people
With the current state of our passing game, discussing pulling the #1WR in the country from California(unless he has ties to UT somehow) is like discussing Gruden coming to be Butch's peanut butter coordinator.

But, side by side and if in the same class I'd take Tee. Instate matters, at least for me. Especially when the recruits being compared are similar talent.

Agree with all of that except for the part about instate. It might matter to a kid like TKJ or Jack Jones, but instate meant nothing to the wide receiver from Oak Ridge.

Agree with all of that except for the part about instate. It might matter to a kid like TKJ or Jack Jones, but instate meant nothing to the wide receiver from Oak Ridge.

I was saying instate matters to me when comparing recruits. Things being reasonably close and or similar, I'll take the TN kid every time.

Reactions: 2 people
He is currently at Penn State but told me Tennessee did themselves a lot of good with his visit. He really enjoys the atmosphere around the program. He said he would love to do something before the season but wants to take visits. He hopes to take an official to TN. Also mentioned Mich St, Ohio State, Georgia and others. Story coming.
-Austin Price

Reactions: 6 people
“Everything went good. It went smooth,” said Harris, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 175 overall prospect and No. 27 wide receiver in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class. “I’ve been down there a couple times, but that was my parents’ first time. That’s one of the main reasons why we made it down.

“They’re one of my top schools. They just wanted to see the facilities, see campus, meet the coaches.”

“I like Coach Z,” Harris said. “I mean, Coach Z, he’s a cool guy. He coached my favorite receiver, Antonio Brown, so Coach Z, he must know something good. Antonio, I feel like he’s the best receiver in the NFL.”

While he hasn’t officially scheduled any other upcoming visits, he said he plans to return to Tennessee this season, “hopefully for the Florida game” on Sept. 24.

“That probably will be my official (visit),” Harris said.
callahan

Reactions: 3 people

Lol so I see "Coach Z" is still claiming he coached Antonio Brown as apart of his pitch. Too bad that's about the only thing he has to point at so far. I sure hope P. Willy has the breakout season I believe he is capable of.

Because no offense to CZA, he did a solid job with AB obviously, but I have watched AB grow during his years in the league. Heck, I went to the first road game during AB's rookie year, and he is far and away a different receiver now. Most of his growth came while he was in the NFL, under the Steeler's system. Claiming that you coached up the #1 WR in the NFL is a little bit of a stretch.

If his love for the state was the same as yours, Tee would be a Vol and not a Tiger. Forget instate, you get who wants to be apart of something great. I wouldn't care is he's was from Vermont, if he can contribute to our success and Butch wants him.

Reactions: 3 people
If his love for the state was the same as yours, Tee would be a Vol and not a Tiger. Forget instate, you get who wants to be apart of something great. I wouldn't care is he's was from Vermont, if he can contribute to our success and Butch wants him.

You're right. Unfortunately more and more local kids just don't see UT as the great option we'd like them to. Of course that can be fixed, but that's something the staff has to decide is a priority. After a few years, I'm thinking it's just not going to be something they focus on.

VN Store

Back