'17 NC DE Matthew Butler (UT Signee)

3* #16 SDE on Rivals. The #14 SDE on Rivals is a 4*. I'm pretty sure he has been moved up in every ranking so he has a legit shot at being a 4* with a good year. FWIW

Reactions: 1 person
3* #16 SDE on Rivals. The #14 SDE on Rivals is a 4*. I'm pretty sure he has been moved up in every ranking so he has a legit shot at being a 4* with a good year. FWIW

No offense, but I could care less what a recruiting analyst thinks about his abilities. I would rather know that the coaching staff for Tennessee thinks enough of him to take his commitment when he is ready. If so, then he must have something to help us.

Everyone uses Cam Sutton as a great example. I will use Malik Foreman. I know some questioned his ability early last season as a redshirt sophomore. But, they should not have been questioning him by the end of the season. He is now apparently good enough to hang onto his spot at nickel and allow Rashaun Gaulden to move to safety. Not bad for a kid who was lower ranked by 247 than any of the commitments we have on this years list.

It is situations like that that give me the ultimate confidence in this staff to identify prospects that can help.

Reactions: 2 people
Might have came down to a numbers game. South Carolina is starting to get some nice commits.

They are. Webb is a decent pick up. The OLB they just got is a top 130 guy. Plus Williams looks to be just a matter of time. There is also another top WR they are getting CBs for.

They are. Webb is a decent pick up. The OLB they just got is a top 130 guy. Plus Williams looks to be just a matter of time. There is also another top WR they are getting CBs for.

They are sitting at #16 on the 247 composite right now without Williams who is rated the #57 player overall. They should get a nice bump when he commits, which looks like a sure thing at this point.

base don what? just curious

i dont think think they obsess over the star ratings like you do and make their decisions based on that.

Burnam has bad measurables.

Not as familiar with Page's.

But the outrage at the suggestion some of these earlier commits are gonna get recruited over is laughable. Of course that's gonna happen.

Reactions: 1 person
base don what? just curious

i dont think think they obsess over the star ratings like you do and make their decisions based on that.

Ratings, offer lists, and comments from people that have seen them play.

I know the UT staff does not use star ratings of the people that you and I see. They do have outside people that make evaluations for them which may or may not have a correlation to the star ranking of a certain player.

Would seem strange to me to add 2 SDEs and drop 2 LBs which would be this scenario. Never know though. At times it may be taking best available rather than position specific.

I was just thinking about dropping the 2 lowest rated verbals that we have. Page is. 894 on the composite and Burnam is 896.

I was just thinking about dropping the 2 lowest rated verbals that we have. Page is. 894 on the composite and Burnam is 896.

The 2 lowest would be the QB and the K I believe as one is like 1200 and the kicker is around 2000, but it won't work that way IMO. I think the class position wise is pretty close to how it finishes as far as like number of DTs or RBs. We've got either 3-4 LBs depending on if Bembry is viewed as a LB or a DE. We've got Lawson as a SDE and Bumphus depending on if he's viewed as a TE or DE. If we are dropping more than 1 LB, IMO we need to be replacing them with a LB.

VN Store

Back