'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

If it's about depth charts it has to be UT or OM, right?

I haven't seen anyone (247, VQ, etc.) note that the depth chart was a major factor in his decision. Or, did I miss that? Based on the schools he is considering, I wouldn't imagine the depth chart is a big deal.

Stories from my two trusted sources...

1. Aunt was seen buying tons of UT gear on Christmas Eve in the local mall around his hometown.

2. A anonymous member of his family and one of his coaches told a 247 member he's going to UT.

3. He told Trey Smith he wants to play behind him and is recruiting LaBryan Ray hard to come play on Rocky Top as well.

If they are wrong, I will never trust the sources I have again. I'm way too stoked about the things I've heard in the past 36 hours or so.

Hey man, I hope you're right. But, "buying tons of UT gear" at a local mall in Mississippi? I live in Dalton, GA, and can hardly find any UT gear down here. I can't image the local mall in Mississippi having "tons" of UT gear.

Edit: Swanson'd by onevol74!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I haven't seen anyone (247, VQ, etc.) note that the depth chart was a major factor in his decision. Or, did I miss that? Based on the schools he is considering, I wouldn't imagine the depth chart is a big deal.

Why would it be? He's a top talent and would get PT in any backfield

Hey man, I hope you're right. But, "buying tons of UT gear" at a local mall in Mississippi? I live in Dalton, GA, and can hardly find any UT gear down here. I can't image the local mall in Mississippi having "tons" of UT gear.

This post was a troll job.

Let's take this one step further. Does Mississippi even have malls?

Reactions: 6 people

I was responding to secking's post (forgot to quote it) about his HS coach going to break down depth charts later today.

I wouldn't think depth chart would matter either considering he's the best RB in the nation but he did decommit from Bama this year, right? Wasn't that because of Harris?

Source also said Coach G has worked relentlessly to get Cam Akers on board and that both he and his mother feel like that's the closest relationship to any of the coaches who have been involved in his recruitment.

Reactions: 7 people
Let's take this one step further. Does Mississippi even have malls?

walmart-logo.64968e7648c4bbc87f823a1eff1d6bc7.png

Reactions: 4 people
If we get Akers with Chandler already on board then I would expect Kelly and Fils-Aime to fill out transfer papers asap.

VN Store

Back