'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

So what is the feel on Cam Akers? It looks like we're in on a lot of backs. I know it's early, but once guys start pulling the trigger then having room and competition comes into play.

Is Cam announcing any time soon?

So what is the feel on Cam Akers? It looks like we're in on a lot of backs. I know it's early, but once guys start pulling the trigger then having room and competition comes into play.

Is Cam announcing any time soon?

Where he ends up this weekend will tell us a lot IMO. If he comes for the orange and white game then I believe we are out in front and he could end things sooner rather than later. If he makes the trip down to FSU we will be in for a dog fight and this thing could drag out for quite a while.

Where he ends up this weekend will tell us a lot IMO. If he comes for the orange and white game then I believe we are out in front and he could end things sooner rather than later. If he makes the trip down to FSU we will be in for a dog fight and this thing could drag out for quite a while.

FSU already had their Spring game......

Agreed. I think he's going to be a very solid RB here.

841b50e9cf1816065a703d765213234fcfbca8664d95eb6487dc57555903d6da.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
It's looking like FSU? Akers said himself last Sunday he was going to FSU this weekend. Go back 10 pages before the sex ed class began. Is Fort now Jimmy Hyams? :biggrin:

Meh.

It's warmer in Florida than it is in Tennessee right now. Good a time as any to take a FL vacation before committing to UT.

It will be interesting to see who Akers picks.

Agree. Tenn definitely has an advantage if Hurd has a great year then leaves.

Osu has a couple very young guys (1 RSFR and 1 true fresh) who could also have great years.

I'm not sure what tenn has behind Hurd and Kamara, but it will potentially be an easier "sell" for early playing time with you guys than osu if a frosh at osu has a big year. (Assuming Hurd declares)

Agree. Tenn definitely has an advantage if Hurd has a great year then leaves.

Osu has a couple very young guys (1 RSFR and 1 true fresh) who could also have great years.

I'm not sure what tenn has behind Hurd and Kamara, but it will potentially be an easier "sell" for early playing time with you guys than osu if a frosh at osu has a big year. (Assuming Hurd declares)

Both Hurd and Kamara will be gone nest year. Hurd will (short of injury) leave UT as the all time leading rusher. John Kelly will step in with little to know (depending on development) drop off. Behind him we have Joe Young, who has been injured, Fil-a-mine who is not on campus yet and whoever we pick up this year. I'm sure I missed someone, but the point is, it would be a great opportunity to get early and a lot playing time. Could be a fun battle between UT and OSU for his services, but who knows. He's in High School, so you just never know which way they are going to go with their thinking and really, there's nothing wrong with that.

How can Meyer push hard on Akers when he has one or two Freshman already there poised for big years.... we have Hurd and Kamara leaving after this year... Vol.

How can Meyer push hard on Akers when he has one or two Freshman already there poised for big years.... we have Hurd and Kamara leaving after this year... Vol.

Osu has another borderline 4*/5* committed for this class too lol.

Obviously urb is a good salesman. The draft next week will also help with RB recruiting.

I can't shake the thought that Akers goes through the whole process just to stay in MS......

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back