'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

Fact is, if things are going well beneath the surface, we need to watch and CBJ needs to keep recruiting hard. If they aren't, we need to watch and CBJ needs to keep recruiting hard. Past performance shows me he will assemble a good class and get the most out of them that he can. But borrowing trouble doesn't help that either way. 2016 and 2017 will be good seasons. Time will tell if they will be great.

Wait! Never mind! Don't burn anything yet.

Wait. We're not burning stuff?
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
A lot can and will change between NSD. No reason to freak out yet. However, it's only April for every other team in the country too. Nothing ridiculous with comparing to other teams ATP and recognizing a difference.

I still expect a top 10 class right now.

Last edited:
Last year fans complained that Butch took lower ranked recruits early (lower ranked recruits typically commit earlier). This year he holds out for higher ranked recruits, ones that typically commit later, and fans freak out.

Yes, but when our competition aren't having the same issues that we are getting highly ranked players early, is that not cause for some concern? I'm not saying go full freak-out mode, but getting significantly outpaced by your rivals is always cause for concern.

Yes, but when our competition aren't having the same issues that we are getting highly ranked players early, is that not cause for some concern? I'm not saying go full freak-out mode, but getting significantly outpaced by your rivals is always cause for concern.

Not really when you consider if you take away the marginal recruits that we had the same time last year we're about the same spot as we were last year.

Reactions: 1 person
We have to be at the top of near the top for best playing time situation with JK being somewhat of an unknown commodity.

The RB situation is already looking pretty good for our after Hurd and Kamara Era, but this would guarantee we stay nasty.

I have tons of faith in John Kelly and think a 1/2 of him and Akers getting spelled by Fils-Aime could be nasty.

Not really when you consider if you take away the marginal recruits that we had the same time last year we're about the same spot as we were last year.

And last years class was a tad bit underwhelming compared to the two before it. And the numbers excuse doesnt really work. Other teams had similar numbers as we did but got better classes. We are struggling a little in the recruiting game this year. Why is it when someone mentions that it becomes such a huge deal? I mean do some people need their safe space when a differing opinion is offered now?

And last years class was a tad bit underwhelming compared to the two before it. And the numbers excuse doesnt really work. Other teams had similar numbers as we did but got better classes. We are struggling a little in the recruiting game this year. Why is it when someone mentions that it becomes such a huge deal? I mean do some people need their safe space when a differing opinion is offered now?

I agree. Quality over quantity. Also Devante Brooks was a high 4* before injury.

24/7 Average Star Ratings
2016 - 89.6
2015 - 89.43
2014 - 89.51

Not sure how the "numbers excuse" doesn't work when comparing our own classes.

Haven't tried to see who did better than us with same numbers, but its a bit disingenuous to downplay this year's class compared to previous two.

Reactions: 9 people

Differing opinions are fine. It's the school girl freak outs when their bff talks to their boy friend that are comical. Last year's class wasn't as highly ranked as the other but Butch didn't have a championship under his belt nor did he have immediate playing time. This year will be different on both accounts.

24/7 Average Star Ratings
2016 - 89.6
2015 - 89.43
2014 - 89.51

Not sure how the "numbers excuse" doesn't work when comparing our own classes.

Haven't tried to see who did better than us with same numbers, but its a bit disingenuous to downplay this year's class compared to previous two.

Facts are facts dude. Last year's class stunk it up. You haven't been reading how bad it was on this site have you. I think I'm going to go cry now.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back