'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

No, it's just ridiculous to panic. Watch after the spring game. I see Hayden and Fant committing, and possibly even a third guy maybe KD Nixon. Would be 3 great pick ups. Currently out of the 3 KD is the only 4 star, but I see Hayden and Fant both picking up a 4th star. So those are the 3 guys I can see committing. Guys we don't need to panic. Butch came through with this past class, and I know he will with this one.

I'm sorry, but picking up those guys is less than exciting. And Butch has to do better than last class.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe...but it is going badly right now. That's the truth. I'm not saying anything else about it though. I hope it works out. I'm sick of losing to flurduh and the bubbas...man I'm just sick of losing period.

In all fairness, even Coach Doug Mathews said recruiting is not going as well due to the Title 9 Lawsuit. Said it was making it hard due to all the negative recruiting going against us right now. He did think that all will work out in the long run.

In all fairness, even Coach Doug Mathews said recruiting is not going as well due to the Title 9 Lawsuit. Said it was making it hard due to all the negative recruiting going against us right now. He did think that all will work out in the long run.

Hope so.

Maybe...but it is going badly right now. That's the truth. I'm not saying anything else about it though. I hope it works out. I'm sick of losing to flurduh and the bubbas...man I'm just sick of losing period.

C'mon, man. We just won the most games since 2007 and the 2016 class had the highest star average of any that Butch has assembled.

Win 10 and everything will be fine.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm sorry, but picking up those guys is less than exciting. And Butch has to do better than last class.

honestly Fant and Hayden will be a part of this class, and contrary to what you said these two guys are solid prospects. Hayden won mvp at a rivals camp last week, he was Mr. football and basketball in the state of tennessee, and he will be a very versatile player. Also if not for injury his junior year Fant would more than likely be a 4 star already. Also KD Nixon runs at best probably a 4.4 40, and he is currently a 4 star already. Those are 3 solid recruits. Also you said you were tired of losing, and I am too especially to Florida. Keep in mind though that we did go 9-4 last year, so it's not like we didn't have a pretty good year. All the negativity here is killin my good vibes man lol.

Reactions: 3 people
C'mon, man. We just won the most games since 2007 and the 2016 class had the highest star average of any that Butch has assembled.

Win 10 and everything will be fine.

Look..you guys know me by now. I'm not usually a doom and gloom guy, or hard to please. I believe in Butch, but I would believe in him a lot more if he would get rid of a couple of dead weights. And I think our last class has real potential to be one of the most badly underrated of all time...But this 17 class has been being uber hyped for two years, and we do need it to live up to the hype...but at this point the way things are looking to me...there is no freaking way. And I really really want to be wrong. A 10-15 class this year is not going to get it done.

Look..you guys know me by now. I'm not usually a doom and gloom guy, or hard to please. I believe in Butch, but I would believe in him a lot more if he would get rid of a couple of dead weights. And I think our last class has real potential to be one of the most badly underrated of all time...But this 17 class has been being uber hyped for two years, and we do need it to live up to the hype...but at this point the way things are looking to me...there is no freaking way. And I really really want to be wrong. A 10-15 class this year is not going to get it done.

This is year 4 and Butch knows he has to get it done in all phases: Wins and Recruiting or it will be a problem. I think he will.

honestly Fant and Hayden will be a part of this class, and contrary to what you said these two guys are solid prospects. Hayden won mvp at a rivals camp last week, he was Mr. football and basketball in the state of tennessee, and he will be a very versatile player. Also if not for injury his junior year Fant would more than likely be a 4 star already. Also KD Nixon runs at best probably a 4.4 40, and he is currently a 4 star already. Those are 3 solid recruits. Also you said you were tired of losing, and I am too especially to Florida. Keep in mind though that we did go 9-4 last year, so it's not like we didn't have a pretty good year. All the negativity here is killin my good vibes man lol.

I did not mean to impugn those kids. I agree they are solid players. I should have said that a little different, but I don't really know how. I know they will be a part of the class, but we need some big timers to get on board. Guys like Akers or Gibbs. We really need Higgins to come back home too. Crosby would be awesome on the 22nd, but he is up in the air, very real possibility he may go VT. Gray..what is he doing? I thought he was going to jump on, but now who knows what he's doing? Just a whole lot of big question marks.

Last year fans complained that Butch took lower ranked recruits early (lower ranked recruits typically commit earlier). This year he holds out for higher ranked recruits, ones that typically commit later, and fans freak out.

Reactions: 15 people
Last year fans complained that Butch took lower ranked recruits early (lower ranked recruits typically commit earlier). This year he holds out for higher ranked recruits, ones that typically commit later, and fans freak out.

Yes.. this x1000!! The high ranked guys do commit later, so it'll take a little bit. Sounds like we'll get Gray, and I think we end up with Higgins and Akers before its all said and done. That's 2 guys who'll probably be 5 stars.

Yes.. this x1000!! The high ranked guys do commit later, so it'll take a little bit. Sounds like we'll get Gray, and I think we end up with Higgins and Akers before its all said and done. That's 2 guys who'll probably be 5 stars.

And not to mention Jeremiah Holloman who's really high on Tennessee too!!

I did not mean to impugn those kids. I agree they are solid players. I should have said that a little different, but I don't really know how. I know they will be a part of the class, but we need some big timers to get on board. Guys like Akers or Gibbs. We really need Higgins to come back home too. Crosby would be awesome on the 22nd, but he is up in the air, very real possibility he may go VT. Gray..what is he doing? I thought he was going to jump on, but now who knows what he's doing? Just a whole lot of big question marks.

And yes I agree that we need a big timer to really get the ball rolling. Akers, Higgins, and Gray I think will end up in orange... Tennessee orange that is. I also think if maleik Gray makes it in this weekend that we probably can parlay that into him and Fant both committing. Somebody said that FSU is backing off due to the feeling that Tennessee is a lock with him.

Really? No hysteria. But this class is not going good. If this thing doesn't end up top 10 after all the hype, that is going to be kick in the nads. It is rediculous to act like everything is going all right.

Some people prefer to be optimistic about the future. Who knows what happens with this class. I just don't know why you want us to freak out about something we have no control over.

I prefer to be optimistic. You can keep your pessimism to yourself.

Yes, we do know you. You aren't a "doom and gloom" guy, you are just the most overreactive regular poster on this entire board.

So what do you want us to do?

None of us has control over when or where these kids commit. Look at Alabama's class this year. Their fans were freaking out cause it was ranked #10 going into signing day. They clean up on signing day and finish #1 on most services.

Long way to go. Maybe this class disappoints and finishes outside the top 10. I just don't get why you want to freak out about it RIGHT NOW.

Wait till signing day 2017 before you tell us how badly this recruiting class failed.

Reactions: 5 people
So what do you want us to do?

None of us has control over when or where these kids commit. Look at Alabama's class this year. Their fans were freaking out cause it was ranked #10 going into signing day. They clean up on signing day and finish #1 on most services.

Long way to go. Maybe this class disappoints and finishes outside the top 10. I just don't get why you want to freak out about it RIGHT NOW.

Wait till signing day 2017 before you tell us how badly this recruiting class failed.

Alrighty then.

Ulysses you're good people but lately you sure have been worried about this recruiting class. Don't worry my friend, things will be looking up... Soon!

Reactions: 29 people

Tweeted Vols, wore Georgia gloves, an Ohio State hat and is visiting Florida State. This one may be a long ride.

Edit: I just caught up in the thread. It appears the ride is already beginning. Goodness. R-E-L-A-X

Last edited:

VN Store

Back