'17 France 6'6" SF/SG Yves Pons.

Do you guys no if he has ever played with Frank Ntikilina? He's a projected lottery pick this year. If so he should get some more exposure before he arrives depending on his France duties

Our two previous coaches developed players.. maybe not as hands on Barnes but both Cuonzo and Tyndall did.

I agree with this. But Barnes has a better offensive scheme. He knows how to find ways to get the ball to the right players in the right situation.

Our two previous coaches developed players.. maybe not as hands on Barnes but both Cuonzo and Tyndall did.

I'm just curious did Tyndall? And did really conzo? I mean you can give credit to conzo for McRae but I think he needed 3 years to develop anyways. Golden, Stokes, nor maymon really got better under Zo. J rich turned his game around during the tourney that year so I guess we can give him Richardson, but that means Donnie doesn't get the credit for Richardson. I mean honestly those 2 dudes are cow **** compared to the coach we have now

Reactions: 2 people
I'm just curious did Tyndall? And did really conzo? I mean you can give credit to conzo for McRae but I think he needed 3 years to develop anyways. Golden, Stokes, nor maymon really got better under Zo. J rich turned his game around during the tourney that year so I guess we can give him Richardson, but that means Donnie doesn't get the credit for Richardson. I mean honestly those 2 dudes are cow **** compared to the coach we have now
Yes. Theres also only so much we know/have info to. All players work out themselves and try to develop their skillset on their own time, some coaches point there players to work on certain skills.

- that's silly that Maymon didn't develop. Maymon couldn't beat out Steven Pearl when Bruce was our coach. Once Cuonzo came Maymon emerged as our go-to player before Stokes came mid-season. Remember when Maymon scored 32pts/20rebounda against Memphis in Maui?

- Tyndall coached Kenneth Faried who went from unscouted 3* to an NBA lottery pick at Morehead St. Tyndall definitely coached JRich up to play PG, theres no question about it.

Yes. Theres also only so much we know/have info to. All players work out themselves and try to develop their skillset on their own time, some coaches point there players to work on certain skills.

- that's silly that Maymon didn't develop. Maymon couldn't beat out Steven Pearl when Bruce was our coach. Once Cuonzo came Maymon emerged as our go-to player before Stokes came mid-season. Remember when Maymon scored 32pts/20rebounda against Memphis in Maui?

- Tyndall coached Kenneth Faried who went from unscouted 3* to an NBA lottery pick at Morehead St. Tyndall definitely coached JRich up to play PG, theres no question about it.

But wasnt Maymons knees his major issue while Pearl was coach. He was never really that healthy anyways. But with Cuonzo he was somewhat healthier.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm with you on Tyndall. Martin coached JRich up before Tyndall came. He also developed Maymon, McRae, and Stokes plus a few more.

I'm with you on Tyndall. Martin coached JRich up before Tyndall came. He also developed Maymon, McRae, and Stokes plus a few more.

Shocker. I don't like either coach, but to give Cuonzo more credit than DT for helping Josh get to the NBA just exposes your agenda again

Reactions: 3 people
Shocker. I don't like either coach, but to give Cuonzo more credit than DT for helping Josh get to the NBA just exposes your agenda again

Im just glad both coaches are no longer affiliated with the program other than the ones who keep mentioning their names to give them that little glimmer of life on this board. We have a better coach than the last 3 that were here. And i really like Pearl while he was here. But i will take Barnes anyday.

In this forum in the past week I've read where Pearl wasn't a good floor coach and now it's being implied that he didn't develop talent.

Pearl must be the luckiest coach. Ever. Made six straight tourneys here with no players, no development and no coaching.

Reactions: 4 people
In this forum in the past week I've read where Pearl wasn't a good floor coach and now it's being implied that he didn't develop talent.

Pearl must be the luckiest coach. Ever. Made six straight tourneys here with no players, no development and no coaching.

It was a mericle.

I agree with this. But Barnes has a better offensive scheme. He knows how to find ways to get the ball to the right players in the right situation.

I think this is the biggest thing I've noticed. The offense is so much more fluid and designed than what we saw with any of the past three coaches, Pearl included post-Lofton and J. Smith.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
But wasnt Maymons knees his major issue while Pearl was coach. He was never really that healthy anyways. But with Cuonzo he was somewhat healthier.

Maymon's knee was an issue late in his career, not while Pearl was here. His issue with Pearl was accepting his role as a post player. He fancied himself as a perimeter player and it played a role in his transfer from Marquette to Tennessee.

Nope. Maymon was healthy under Pearl and his knee started bothering him during his Sophomore season under Cuonzo.

VN Store

Back