'17 FL DE Deandre Johnson (UT commit 12/12/16)

z9TWyf4.gif

Ok, sorry about that folks, enough of the thread hijack.

HAHAHA! yes I will stop hijacking this thread. I came here because it hadn't been used to try to figure out what I was doing wrong. Sorry to those that came thinking there was news.

just spoke with three-star defensive and deandre johnson, a mississippi state commitment from miami, following his official visit to tennessee this weekend. He said he really enjoyed the visit, and it definitely helped tennessee's chances. He said he was impressed by the game-day atmosphere during the vols' win over kentucky on saturday, and he really enjoyed spending time with and getting to know tennessee's coaches and players, including dt kahlil mckenzie, who served as his player host.
Johnson said he expects to have a tough decision between the vols and mississippi state, which is expected to host him on an official visit next month. He said he's planning to be an early enrollee, so he'll have to make a final decision by january.

Reactions: 2 people
"Just caught up with Johnson as he's exiting Knoxville. It's a two-way race between Tennessee and Mississippi State. He will visit State in December. He's an early enrollee so his decision will come pretty quickly after that visit.

He seemed to really like Tennessee this weekend and he enjoyed the game and particularly watching Derek Barnett. He hung out with Kahlil McKenzie and felt comfortable around him.

He added Tennessee helped itself this weekend with the visit.

And, the new NCAA rule that allows both parents to fly to visits with kids continues to help families get a feel for the school. Both of Johnson's parents were with him on his visit."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
"The visit was great. I got to see everything as far as the academics and football side of things. It was a great visit all-in-all,” Johnson said.

“The most important thing to me is the feel if there wasn’t football at the school would I fit in,” Johnson said. “Just the family atmosphere and then playing time, of course, and if I like the school and football.”

“Just the family vibe I felt," Johnson said when asked what he liked the most about the visit. "It felt like a family the way the players interact with each other. The coaches and everybody was cool and it just felt like home away from home. “It helped them a lot.”

“It was great,” Johnson said of his time with the players. “(McKenzie) has a nice vibe and he took me around some other guys and everybody was cool.”

“They told me how I fit in the scheme and what they love about me. They showed me some film and how I would fit right in,” Johnson said. “They said my chances are high to come in and make an impact right away.”

- VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Think we may be replacing Rogers with this kid. Before anyone jumps on it I know they don't play the same position but think the staff is comfortable with the TE position moving forward. We needs some play makers on the d line. Get Tuttle and McKenzie back healthy load up on some play makers off the edge and we have the potential to have a really good d line for the years to come.

Think we may be replacing Rogers with this kid. Before anyone jumps on it I know they don't play the same position but think the staff is comfortable with the TE position moving forward. We needs some play makers on the d line. Get Tuttle and McKenzie back healthy load up on some play makers off the edge and we have the potential to have a really good d line for the years to come.

Rogers lost his spot when James Brown committed. It just took a few weeks of ignoring him by the staff before he finally got the hint and decommitted.

Rogers lost his spot when James Brown committed. It just took a few weeks of ignoring him by the staff before he finally got the hint and decommitted.

I agree. My point is people are gonna have to move on if we are gonna fit the players we want in this class. There are several more who will be gone soon. Can't believe it hasn't happened yet. The sooner the better IMO. Don't want to leave these boys out there hanging. Give them plenty of time to find another school.

3*U is currently top 10 in terms of 4-star commits. 11th when you factor in 5-star commits as well. Per Rivals.

Carry on, however.

20 three stars, 6 four stars, and 0 five stars according to composite 247 composite rankings which is the most accurate.

Hope we finish strong and pick up a few big fish.

Reactions: 1 person
"Along with Shanon Reid, Butch Jones will visit Deandre Johnson this evening in South Florida."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back