'17 Current Commits/Targets

2-9-2015%2011-42-48%20AM.jpg

Hope this works, this is from 247

You attached the 2016 recruits to the 2017 thread.

Crap - my bad. I was responding to Terry Pedigo's request for our 2016 commits and I didn't even realize his post was several months ago.

I was so excited to be able to add an image too...

Updated. Butch Stones getting the early start for '17!

At this point and the way Tennessee Football has gone in the last few years, I would be more interested in who thinks CBJ will still be our coach in 2017?

If he is as good as most on here think he is then will he move on to get out of the SEC grind?

If he is as bad as some think, will he be sent packing?

Lol

With the load we just pulled in [2016] 2017 is gonna be a 1 or 2 recruiting class, lots of instate talent and right after a NATTY!

KONGBOVOLS!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
At this point and the way Tennessee Football has gone in the last few years, I would be more interested in who thinks CBJ will still be our coach in 2017?

If he is as good as most on here think he is then will he move on to get out of the SEC grind?

Bump. Lol.

Reactions: 4 people
Oh I can promise you I'm not as dumb as you think! Also, I'm not a nega-VOL. I am praying like most that Butch can get us over the hump.

I am a realist though and know that if Michigan comes calling (see the Volumes of post on here related to this topic) that he will definitely take a sniff.

Um, Michigan has Harbaugh. Try not to fall all over yourself trying to demonstrate how "realistic" you are.

I don't see Jones going anywhere for a while. But the Michigan theory is possible. Harbaugh was a successful NFL coach with franchise whose ownership/management is questionable. He IS by all accounts a tough guy to get along with, but he probably learned something from the SF experience. He is going to do well at Michigan--hell, he turned them around in one frickin' year, granted in a conference that is much easier than the SEC. Like Pete Carroll before him, Harbaugh is going to want to go back to the NFL. That is a safe prediction. There is no recruiting in the NFL. I can EASILY see him getting NFL offers very soon--and I can see him returning to the league. If that happens, would UM make a run at Jones? They could. Would he consider it? That I don't know. It's an easier job than UT in that the Big10/12/14 is a much easier conference. Michigan and OSU, when they have good coaches, will always dominate that conference. Jones loves UT. I'm not sure to what degree, if any, he pines for UM in the way that Kiffin pined for southern california. I can't image quite as much. It will be interesting to see if Harbaugh settles at UM for the long haul, a la Saban, or whether he takes the Pete Carroll route back to the NFL. I see him going back to the NFL,but we'll see.

What the hell are you smoking, man? Stop immediately, and go see a doctor.

Reactions: 2 people
Alright. Updated with the Tee Higgins decommit. :cray:

I decided to put our top targets, as determined by the VN Panel of Experts, at the top and the less serious relationship building offers underneath in the normal set up. I have the Priority Targets listed alphabetically right now but can easily change them to a by position listing. Please feel free to let me know if there are additions or subtractions to either part of the OP. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Are we in on Justin Foster. I watched his hudle tape and i am absolutely floored by how polished this guy is. He just seems like he's playing on another level.

VN Store

Back