'17 Current Commits/Targets

I guess we can back count 2?

Isn't the limit 25 signees for SEC teams?

Yes, but through attrition such as redshirts, blueshirts, & grayshirts that 25 is not a set number. It's really hard to explain though how it works but CBJ sure knows how to work it. 25 is not just for SEC by the way. It's an NCAA rule. We should be able to sign up to 28-29 players for 2017 because of past attrition. Thanks!

Yes, but through attrition such as redshirts, blueshirts, & grayshirts that 25 is not a set number. It's really hard to explain though how it works but CBJ sure knows how to work it. 25 is not just for SEC by the way. It's an NCAA rule. We should be able to sign up to 28-29 players for 2017 because of past attrition. Thanks!

Redshirt, blue shirts and gray shirts have nothing to do with attrition. And red shirts have nothing to do with manipulating signing classes like blue and gray shirts. A player being redshirted counts as a player with one of the allotted 85 scholarships and that's about it.

Agree that Butch and Bob Welton know how to "work it" with respect to maximizing the number of signees in a recruiting class. They appear to be masters at it.

Redshirt, blue shirts and gray shirts have nothing to do with attrition. And red shirts have nothing to do with manipulating signing classes like blue and gray shirts. A player being redshirted counts as a player with one of the allotted 85 scholarships and that's about it.

Agree that Butch and Bob Welton know how to "work it" with respect to maximizing the number of signees in a recruiting class. They appear to be masters at it.

I didn't mean to use the word "attrition" here in that response. I meant for it to be in another thread. I mostly know how the blue-gray shirts work but it can get messy.

Been learning about this the past two years. It's sure confusing to explain to somebody on here in how it exactly works. I'm not 100% on it anyhow myself.

Butch needs to literally go all in on instate this year. I wouldn't let a single 4 star leave the state

Butch needs to literally go all in on instate this year. I wouldn't let a single 4 star leave the state

Not exactly all his choice.

Unless you're saying he should kidnap the guys wanting to leave the state and force them to be a vol...

Last edited:

This is a great way to end up with recruits who (a) don't fit what you are doing (b) have character/academic risks. All 4 stars are not created equally.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back