'17 AL LB Will Ignont (UT commit 10/26/2016)

Right. We can't recruit over kids once they commit if we expect them to stay true to their commitment when other schools start calling.

Kids shouldn't commit to a school if they're not really "committed" to do so. We need more recruits like Ty Chandler who's actually loyal to his commitment and doesn't take anymore visits. It's BS.

Not a reality at all.

I've never felt like this commitment was going to stick. We keep hearing chatter about multiple changes to the defensive staff. Meanwhile Ignont has said more than once that changes to the defensive staff would be the only thing that would cause him to go elsewhere. I hope I'm wrong and he sticks.

Wrong. He said the only reason hed flip to LSU is if the coaching staff got fired, that other than that he was 100% completely committed and has been tweeting pro Vols stuff pretty much every day.

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong. He said the only reason hed flip to LSU is if the coaching staff got fired, that other than that he was 100% completely committed and has been tweeting pro Vols stuff pretty much every day.
Hopefully he sticks. I think he should. He's very good. LSU wants a few LBs in this class, but they do have a lot on their roster. He'd probably get on the field sooner at UT.

Ignot has always loved LSU.

Kirkland will be a Jr. Jumper still decent.
Bituli has good talent.
Blakely has played there as well
We'll be okay this year If we miss at Mike. Have to have right fit for our scheme. 2018 We need a top notch one. Or two

Explain your reasoning

Kids should do what they want when it comes to recruitment. Commitment is just a word and most rational fans realize that. Universities about to make a lot of money off these kids sweat and blood so if they want to hold the schools over the barrel during the only time they will have any real freedom and leverage, let em.

Kids shouldn't commit to a school if they're not really "committed" to do so. We need more recruits like Ty Chandler who's actually loyal to his commitment and doesn't take anymore visits. It's BS.

So when we get one to flip our way... what do you think? :ermm:

We're not married till NSD. Just shopping around making sure he picked right. Or if he's originally from LA he could be using it as a free vacation to visit family? Could be going there to recruit for us? Idk but I think he sticks. He has been recruiting for us, we need him and have a spot for him to jump into the rotation

Good grief. Replace marriage with engagement.

Hate that he's taking the visit but I'd rather see him take early January than closer to signing day.

If he jumps, it gives us more time to figure out how to use his spot. If he can't decide what to do, it gives us a chance to get him on campus or have an in home visit with him

Ignot has always loved LSU.

Kirkland will be a Jr. Jumper still decent.
Bituli has good talent.
Blakely has played there as well
We'll be okay this year If we miss at Mike. Have to have right fit for our scheme. 2018 We need a top notch one. Or two

Nothing about our current crop of LBs on the roster excites me at this level you are on. LB is the biggest need on the roster. IMO

We have NO physical presence on the second level of the defense. Not one LB that will smash a RB all game and make him not want to run the ball.

Nothing about our current crop of LBs on the roster excites me at this level you are on. LB is the biggest need on the roster. IMO

We have NO physical presence on the second level of the defense. Not one LB that will smash a RB all game and make him not want to run the ball.

Kirkland doesn't?

Kirkland healthy is pretty good, the rest leave a lot of questions ATP.

VN Store

Back