'17 AL LB Will Ignont (UT commit 10/26/2016)

Gray flirting with other teams?

No. He has also stated he is ALL VOL. Gray will be a Vol, and that LSU hype for Ignont was manufactured by pay sites trying to get clicks. They know that crap drives fan bases crazy being so close to NSD. Don't buy into click bait, there will be a lot of it moving forward this month.

Reactions: 2 people
Are you happy with the LB play and development?

The most glaring hole has been at DB/DT. We haven't recruited well at LB for various reasons, but who would have good results with 4th stringers? JRM and Kirkland playing the whole year would have made a difference. We have two studs committed, and will likely have Gray a LB, big time talent upgrade. Ignont isn't staying without Thig.

Your LB'ers are going to struggle without good play from your DT's. Not to mention our backups were playing.

I'm happy with Jumper's progression.

Reactions: 1 person
The most glaring hole has been at DB/DT. We haven't recruited well at LB for various reasons, but who would have good results with 4th stringers? JRM and Kirkland playing the whole year would have made a difference. We have two studs committed, and will likely have Gray a LB, big time talent upgrade. Ignont isn't staying without Thig.

How long has he been here? During his tenure here why aren't we better top to bottom talent and developmental wise? We shouldn't need freshmen at this point.

Missing true defensive tackles clogging the middle is why Kirkland is always being blocked.

He hasn't played well all year IMO. Even when Shy and KMac were healthy. He just didn't get off blocks. That's something a mlb needs to be good at and I haven't saw it from him at any point.

How long has he been here? During his tenure here why aren't we better top to bottom talent and developmental wise? We shouldn't need freshmen at this point.

Exactly. At this point we should have at least some depth. The dropoff after our starters is totally unacceptable.

He hasn't played well all year IMO. Even when Shy and KMac were healthy. He just didn't get off blocks. That's something a mlb needs to be good at and I haven't saw it from him at any point.

In 2016, Kirkland played 1.5 games with a healthy DL (Appy State & 2 quarters of Va. Tech) and 1 additional game with Tuttle (So.Car). The to the injuries to the DL had a major impact on his season (in addition to his own injury).

Your LB'ers are going to struggle without good play from your DT's. Not to mention our backups were playing.

I'm happy with Jumper's progression.

Jumper has gotten better but still doesn't belong on field against good teams in crunch time....in an athletic stand point..imo.

He would be great at UTC or UTM

Huge, lb is a major need and I love the mix we have on board currently. Would have been a big hit to lose him so this goes a long way from closing w out best possible class atp

In 2016, Kirkland played 1.5 games with a healthy DL (Appy State & 2 quarters of Va. Tech) and 1 additional game with Tuttle (So.Car). The to the injuries to the DL had a major impact on his season (in addition to his own injury).

In the appt st game he should've balled out. He didn't I just think he is more suited to play at outside linebacker. Most of his tackles are made 3 to 4 yards down field if not farther. He doesn't attack the line of scrimmage like a middle linebacker should imo.

Jumper,McDowell, and Berry got better. Are they the most talented, no, but they progressed by fire. We have missed on too many guys like Bates and Bryant (who you hyped) ATP, That combined with injuries put us where we are today. Talent is coming.

Last edited:
In the appt st game he should've balled out. He didn't I just think he is more suited to play at outside linebacker. Most of his tackles are made 3 to 4 yards down field if not farther. He doesn't attack the line of scrimmage like a middle linebacker should imo.

I totally agree!! :good!:

Just tweeted he's 100% committed to us and shutting his recruitment down.

raw

Reactions: 3 people
AJ and JRM were special. Yeah, I have been pleased

Could have been Jancek though since he was a LB guy. Honestly more disappointed in LB evaluations than overall development.

Doesn't help we keep moving Lbs to other positions like DE and TE like smith and Jakob. Tried Bituli too but he is needed st LB. Bates I can't put all on staff because kid hasn't had full offseason workout yet since being on campus and misses most critical development time in his body.

VN Store

Back