'17 AL LB Will Ignont (UT commit 10/26/2016)

None of those guys are being coached well.

Kid like Berry preparing hard one game out of the year told me all I need to know. That group needs a change. IMO

Wisconsin LBs aren't highly regarded but they make plays and do not miss tackles.

McDowell was highly rated coming out too. He should've been playing a lot better. IMO

Wait. So what about Jalen Reeves Maybin and Darrin Kirkland JR ??

Are you implying they are not well coached?

Reactions: 1 person
Right-click, copy image, & paste that image in which thread you want or use the menu panel & use the Image button & place the image like this:

Place you copied image between the

Thanks

I would say their ability is what carried them to their success.

So in summation...if we have two all SEC LBs and a walk on playing pretty good football, that is just because they have great ability, and not any credit to their coach, but the LBs that are not developing the way we THINK they should is their coaches fault...That makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

Reactions: 2 people
So in summation...if we have two all SEC LBs and a walk on playing pretty good football, that is just because they have great ability, and not any credit to their coach, but the LBs that are not developing the way we THINK they should is their coaches fault...That makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

You make a good point especially about Jumper but the fact we seemingly have only 3 LBs that have developed or talented enough to play winning football is an issue.

Bruin has never liked coach Thig. He mentioned him in his farwell letter. Something of the effect that we would be on probation because of Thig..

Nothing to see here just Bruin being Bruin

Reactions: 6 people
You make a good point especially about Jumper but the fact we seemingly have only 3 LBs that have developed or talented enough to play winning football is an issue.

You also conviently left out Sapp and Bituli. And besides McDowell being a little to slow, he wasn't playing awful either. Berry imo just hasn't taken football seriously enough to this point. Injuries have pretty much ruined Bates development. Bynum is just too slow since his major knee injury, and Bryant..well who knows?

Good grief. Everyone here is arguing more over his rumored (key word) character issues and not over the fact that this is one of our biggest gets of the cycle so far. In a class littered with 3* players and people complaining about it, we finally get a 4* that Bama, Auburn, and LSU all wanted and people can't be happy. Smh.

Bruin has never liked coach Thig. He mentioned him in his farwell letter. Something of the effect that we would be on probation because of Thig..

Nothing to see here just Bruin being Bruin

My beef with Thig has nothing to do with his on the field coaching. I just think his group hasn't developed like they should have and I am not the only one here that agrees.

Good grief. Everyone here is arguing more over his rumored (key word) character issues and not over the fact that this is one of our biggest gets of the cycle so far. In a class littered with 3* players and people complaining about it, we finally get a 4* that Bama, Auburn, and LSU all wanted and people can't be happy. Smh.

Are you suggesting eating a hotdog without a bun is acceptable?

My beef with Thig has nothing to do with his on the field coaching. I just think his group hasn't developed like they should have and I am not the only one here that agrees.

When did we go on probation?

Are you suggesting eating a hotdog without a bun is acceptable?

What is this even supposed to mean? No, my point is that there is no tangible proof this guy has character issues. Just message board rumors. Butch kicked off one of our best DL's this season. I don't see him recruiting players that he thinks will be a problem later. He shuts it down fast since he has a zero tolerance policy for the most part.

It's just dumb that people cannot be happy that we finally pick up a huge commit and this thread is filled with questioning the kid.

What is this even supposed to mean? No, my point is that there is no tangible proof this guy has character issues. Just message board rumors. Butch kicked off one of our best DL's this season. I don't see him recruiting players that he thinks will be a problem later. He shuts it down fast since he has a zero tolerance policy for the most part.

It's just dumb that people cannot be happy that we finally pick up a huge commit and this thread is filled with questioning the kid.

It means Bruin showed up to the party and tried to bum everyone out on an exciting night of a 4* LB commitment.

None of those guys are being coached well.

Kid like Berry preparing hard one game out of the year told me all I need to know. That group needs a change. IMO

Wisconsin LBs aren't highly regarded but they make plays and do not miss tackles.

McDowell was highly rated coming out too. He should've been playing a lot better. IMO

Jancek did a lot with the LBs when he was here. They were his pet position like safeties are with Shoop.

Outside of Jumper, I've thought most of our LBs have regressed this year. Even JRM and Kirkland didn't look that great the little we've seen them.

I forget his name, but Shoop lost the LB coach and co-DC he'd been working with the past 3-4 years when he came here.

I think some fresh blood at the LB coaching position would be a good change. Thig was great for us when he first got here mostly because of his work on the recruiting trail, but that has tapered off greatly since 2014 and other LB coaches around the country have done more with less.

VN Store

Back