'17 AL LB Will Ignont (UT commit 10/26/2016)

The kid is 240 already? IF he can carry the lbs and move well, is athletic, he could be beastly...that's as far as I'll go.

He has some bad weight right now. It has affected his speed some what. Nothing that can't fixed once in our S&C program. He should probably play somewhere around 230 and tear it up.

Dillon Bates should be a major contributor and he's not.
Gavin Bryant should be a major contributor and he's not.
Elliot Berry should be a major contributor and he's not.

The drop off between the starters and these guys is substantial.if you can't see that then there's no need to further the discussion.

Don't forget Bynum we have taken very questionable Lbs and passed on some guys from Mid Tn which is a head scratcher to say the least, and many of these guys have been very marginal at best. Both LB from mid TN are guys who could play early if need be, and to pass on the 2 LB last yr and this yr is crazy when Jumper is the best LB you hv once the injuries kicked in.

Last edited:
Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But I have a hard time believing he left IMG Academy to bring a state title back home to his old school lol.

It doesn't even matter though. Good get.

Boom!!!!

explosion-animated-gif-28.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I posted on FF-- I've seen this kid play, he is in my backyard. Very athletic kid with great balance and agility for his size, he used to play RB.... Buckhorn does not have the most state of the art program compared to others across the country, so you could consider him a very good raw prospect with tons of upside... He gets into a college program like UT and there is no telling how far this kid will go!

Dillon Bates should be a major contributor and he's not.
Gavin Bryant should be a major contributor and he's not.
Elliot Berry should be a major contributor and he's not.

The drop off between the starters and these guys is substantial.if you can't see that then there's no need to further the discussion.

Outside of Bates who is an obvious bust, none of those guys were high level prospects and it's showing...

Outside of Bates who is an obvious bust, none of those guys were high level prospects and it's showing...

None of those guys are being coached well.

Kid like Berry preparing hard one game out of the year told me all I need to know. That group needs a change. IMO

Wisconsin LBs aren't highly regarded but they make plays and do not miss tackles.

McDowell was highly rated coming out too. He should've been playing a lot better. IMO

Kid like Berry preparing hard one game out of the year told me all I need to know. That group needs a change. IMO

Wisconsin LBs aren't highly regarded but they make plays and do not miss tackles.

McDowell was highly rated coming out too. He should've been playing a lot better. IMO

This times 100 coaching at the linebacker position has been a let-down

McDowell wasn't a LB tho and looks bad Beefed up. The point was lack of elite prospects. Wisconsin doesn't have to deal with the athletes in this conference.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't forget Bynum we have taken very questionable Lbs and passed on some guys from Mid Tn which is a head scratcher to say the least, and many of these guys have been very marginal at best. Both LB from mid TN are guys who could play early if need be, and to pass on the 2 LB last yr and this yr is crazy when Jumper is the best LB you hv once the injuries kicked in.

You talking about the 2017 LB from one of the Gallatin area high schools? Can't think of his name.

Pretty sure he is taking about the kid playing for A&M right now as a true freshmen.

Oh yeah, I remember him. As I recall, there were two from middle Tennessee that went to A&M. One from a south Nashville school and one from the Lavergne/Smyrna area.

That was a bit odd.

^

McDowell wasn't a LB tho and looks bad Beefed up. The point was lack of elite prospects. Wisconsin doesn't have to deal with the athletes in this conference.

Those LBs can play and are at the least sure tacklers. We watched them versus LSU, Michigan, and Ohio State. They balled in all three games. Tackling well and reading your keys will shore up a lot of nonsense. They play discipline and fly to the football.

VN Store

Back