'17 AL LB Will Ignont (UT commit 10/26/2016)

Jancek did a lot with the LBs when he was here. They were his pet position like safeties are with Shoop.

Outside of Jumper, I've thought most of our LBs have regressed this year. Even JRM and Kirkland didn't look that great the little we've seen them.

I forget his name, but Shoop lost the LB coach and co-DC he'd been working with the past 3-4 years when he came here.

I think some fresh blood at the LB coaching position would be a good change. Thig was great for us when he first got here mostly because of his work on the recruiting trail, but that has tapered off greatly since 2014 and other LB coaches around the country have done more with less.

He is one of the few elite recruiters we have..he isn't going anywhere. He would be snatched up in a hurry

lol he for sure said NCAA violations

Well there was about 20beers that night and Peyton had lost the SB which had me in a state of depression lol. I have never heard of NCAA issues with him but certainly other issues.

If I said that I stand corrected but I thought I said leave here in shame.

He is one of the few elite recruiters we have..he isn't going anywhere. He would be snatched up in a hurry

What makes Thig an elite recruiter?

I would've agreed 3 years ago. Since 2014, we've had other guys do just as much or more on the recruiting trail.

I think Butch is probably our best recruiter actually. Between him and Shoop, I'd be fine with losing a little on the recruiting front if it means bringing in a LB coach who maximizes our LBs' potential.

FTR, I'm not saying I think he'll be going anywhere. I just think it's a switch that might be good for our defense at this point. Early on in his tenure, Butch needed guys who were great recruiters so he could flip the roster and get the talent he needed to win. Now the talent is in place for the most part. We just need the coaches in place to take advantage of it.

Well there was about 20beers that night and Peyton had lost the SB which had me in a state of depression lol. I have never heard of NCAA issues with him but certainly other issues.

If I said that I stand corrected but I thought I said leave here in shame.
And thig leaves us in shame with NCAA and/or social embarrassment in the next 3 years.

Bruin has never liked coach Thig. He mentioned him in his farwell letter. Something of the effect that we would be on probation because of Thig..

Nothing to see here just Bruin being Bruin

Hey you know everybody's talkin' about the good old days right? (Yeah)
Everybody, the good old days, the good old days (The good old days yeah)
Well, let's talk about the good old days (Let's talk about them ****s now, word up, baby)

How hard is it to coach those two guys?

A lot easier than most I would say.
They both have a lot of football skills.

But the man doesn't have a great deal to work with outside of those two.

Berry was a 190 lb DE in high school.

Bryant needs more reps. But he's not a Rueben Foster or Raekwon McMillan either.

Thig has gotten all he can from Jumper.

Sapp was going to be big time this year until he got hurt.

Watch Bituli this week, BB.

Also AJ Johnson was an animal under Thig.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it's fair to question the reserve line backers. I'm not ready to say it's bad coaching . Maybe we've misevaluated them from a recruiting standpoint. It just seems to me there is too much of a dropoff between the starters and the reserves. If the reserves were true freshman I could understand it. I am not just basing this on the Alabama game either. Since JRM and Kirkland have went out, we've been gashed. Some of it seems to be misalignment and some of it seems to be lack of skill. All i'm saying is I expected our reserves to perform a little better than they are.

Bryant needs more reps. But he's not a Rueben Foster or Raekwon McMillan either.

I just don't see how Bituli is going to get reps this week unless it's in mop up duty.
Sapp was 3rd team on the depth chart so I am not sure how we can assume he was going to be a factory

AJ was an animal at making tackles 5-7 yards past the line of scrimmage

I think it's fair to question the reserve line backers. I'm not ready to say it's bad coaching . Maybe we've misevaluated them from a recruiting standpoint. It just seems to me there is too much of a dropoff between the starters and the reserves. If the reserves were true freshman I could understand it. I am not just basing this on the Alabama game either. Since JRM and Kirkland have went out, we've been gashed. Some of it seems to be misalignment and some of it seems to be lack of skill. All i'm saying is I expected our reserves to perform a little better than they are.

Best post on the subject for sure.

I looked up the post.

I did say Thig would leave here in NCAA and/or social embarrassment. So I stand partially corrected.

I also predicted us to go 11-1 this season. Damn I missed that one.

Injuries.

You would have been right.

I predicted 10-2 Because i felt Dobbs is too inconsistent.

If Thig were to leave THEN he'd become the greatest LB coach ever. :yahoo:

Injuries.

You would have been right.

I predicted 10-2 Because i felt Dobbs is too inconsistent.

I predicted 10-2 before the season but 11-1 in 2014 was my prediction for 2016 which showed some serious trust in jones. Agreed on the injuries.

AJ was an animal at making tackles 5-7 yards past the line of scrimmage

He made those and a lot of ones at the line of scrimmage.

And he played gap control better than any LB we have had. He's a big reason Reeves Maybin was in position to make so many plays.

Reactions: 2 people
What is this even supposed to mean? No, my point is that there is no tangible proof this guy has character issues. Just message board rumors. Butch kicked off one of our best DL's this season. I don't see him recruiting players that he thinks will be a problem later. He shuts it down fast since he has a zero tolerance policy for the most part.

It's just dumb that people cannot be happy that we finally pick up a huge commit and this thread is filled with questioning the kid.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you didn't read the thread. With that, you are commenting on "everyone's comments" without reading them. 🤔

He made those and a lot of ones at the line of scrimmage.

And he played gap control better than any LB we have had. He's a big reason Reeves Maybin was in position to make so many plays.

AJ was a beast his senior year. He really made good strides that year and yes Thig deserves some credit for that.

I just don't see how Bituli is going to get reps this week unless it's in mop up duty.
Sapp was 3rd team on the depth chart so I am not sure how we can assume he was going to be a factory

He's getting 20- 25 snaps according to Thig.

Sapp had beat out McDowell. But they were basically co backups.

And with the injuries to Maybin and McDowell. Yeah, Sapp would have played a ton.

He's getting 20- 25 snaps according to Thig.

Sapp had beat out McDowell. But they were basically co backups.

And with the injuries to Maybin and McDowell. Yeah, Sapp would have played a ton.
How had Sapp beat out McDowell?

McDowell played right after JRM was ejected vs Appy.

The only way Butili plays that much is if Kirkland really isn't back or in mop up IMO.

VN Store

Back