'16 TN LB Daniel Bituli (UT commit 7/18/15)

Ah...VN. One minute it is "oh noes...Butch is mean and so many leaving the team", and the next is "how will we fit the mother lode of new committments". You'll see lots of churn until the talent pool stabilizes, although my guess is that Butch is always going to give the largest possible group the chance to earn a spot on the team. It should calm down some eventually, but this may be the new normal.

Not VN... That was only one ridiculous poster saying that stuff.

Truly is amazing what this staff has been able to do. We are way ahead of the game in terms of focusing on the future as much as the present.

It was not long ago that we would have only 5 commits by the beginning of August. Now it looks like we will pick up our 5th 4 star before February. Cannot speak enough about the job Butch and Co. are doing about getting in these recruits heads early.

VQ says it was hoped that there would be an announcement today for 2016 but that they're now hearing that it likely won't happen.

Kid is built like Sampson and that's why he's highly ranked. The problem is he plays crap competition and doesn't really stand out like he should to me. Hips are very tight and plays stiff. Compare his hughlights to DKJ and I promise you'll see a world of difference. Not a bad player I just don't see him as very special.

Agreed. His competition is the worst in TN.

Per Hubbs

A likely visitor this weekend includes Nashville linebacker Daniel Bituli. As it was rumored, Bituli was close to announcing a decision last weekend but decided to hold off. It will be interesting to see if he makes any decision this weekend if he makes it into town. The Vols have the lead here for sure.

Just an opinion based on watching him play and hearing some other people's opinions about his play. He seems like he could end up being like the 5-star LB out of Jackson, TN years ago. Sorry, don't remember the name. This kid looks the part. He is built like a Mack truck. Athletic. But it does not seem to translate to the field the way it should, especially considering the weak competition he faces. This is just a though. By no means am I an expert talent scout. I hope this is not the case. Especially, if he comes to UT.

I understand assuming because its 1A the competition is assumed to be weak but this kid can play, and NCS has played some top tier 1A schools Union City would beat 90% of the schools in the state of TN. Also NCS shut out East Nashville (seen the film Bituli dominated that game)who beat Pearl Cohn who is one of the biggest sources of athletes year in and year out in TN. The whole thing surprises me I really thought this kid would end up at Ole Miss with his teammate Givens. Brothers his coach is a former Vandy player so I thought that would really prevent him from ending up in Orange, but I would love it if he did.

Last edited:
#Tennessee #Vols 'on top' for in-state Top247 LB @DBituli after latest visit: (VIP) Tennessee Vols 'on top' for Top247 LB Daniel Bituli after visit

Anybody got the details?

His latest visit moved them to the top of his list.

The Top247 junior linebacker from Nashville (Tenn.) Christian School visited Tennessee on Saturday for the third time in less than four months, and he said the Vols are “on top now,” just ahead of Ole Miss, among the dozen teams currently pursuing him.

“UT and Ole Miss are still on top right now. After this visit, UT is on top now,” said Bituli, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 116 overall prospect and No. 8 outside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class.

“Just everything UT has to offer is amazing. The coaches, I see that they talk to each other like they’ve known each other their whole lives, and I respect all the coaches. I was able to talk to some of the players at UT, and they’re super cool. And I absolutely love the fans at UT. I love the fans.”

The 6-foot-3, 227-pound Bituli attended two of Tennessee’s home games last season, most recently returning for the Vols’ home finale Nov. 22 against Missouri.

But he said his latest trip to Tennessee allowed him to spend more time with coach Butch Jones’ staff, take a closer look at some of the Vols’ facilities and attend their men’s basketball game Saturday afternoon against Texas A&M.

“I wanted to be able to talk to all the coaches and get to know them as people. It was fun,” said Bituli, who has added scholarship offers from Oklahoma, Auburn, South Carolina and Ohio State within the past 10 days. “I checked out the football facilities. We basically went to the stadium and took some pictures and ate.

“I pretty much got to see the whole football facility. I got to see the training center, the workout room, the indoor football field, the outdoor football field, the Peyton Manning Room — just everything in that area.

“I was able to talk to coaches I haven’t met yet and sit down and talk to other coaches more than I did before.”

He said he “was able to talk to every single coach” on Tennessee’s staff.

“(Jones was) talking about the building process at Tennessee and where they would see me at if I did go to UT — just stuff in general like that — and, if I was to go there, what my schedule would be and stuff like that. It was good to know,” Bituli said. “I’d of course play linebacker (at Tennessee), but we’re still discussing on whether I’d play inside or outside.”

Bituli said linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen, who’s serving as his primary recruiter for the Vols, already has developed a “really good” relationship with him.

“That’s my boy,” Bituli said. “We just talk about everything. He’s my favorite coach by far.”

Bituli said he’s hoping “to head back to Ole Miss” in the near future, “and I want to go to LSU” after getting an offer from the Tigers almost six months ago. He said he’s also likely to return to Tennessee sometime “soon.”

While he’s not ruling out the possibility that he could decide on a college within the next few months, he said he’s not rushing to end his recruitment.

“I want to visit a couple more schools, and then I’ll be making my decision,” Bituli said. “I think I will be deciding sometime during football season, but anything can happen before or after.”

Reactions: 8 people
Just an opinion based on watching him play and hearing some other people's opinions about his play. He seems like he could end up being like the 5-star LB out of Jackson, TN years ago. Sorry, don't remember the name. This kid looks the part.

Daniel Brooks.

I understand assuming because its 1A the competition is assumed to be weak but this kid can play, and NCS has played some top tier 1A schools Union City would beat 90% of the schools in the state of TN. Also NCS shut out East Nashville (seen the film Bituli dominated that game)who beat Pearl Cohn who is one of the biggest sources of athletes year in and year out in TN. The whole thing surprises me I really thought this kid would end up at Ole Miss with his teammate Givens. Brothers his coach is a former Vandy player so I thought that would really prevent him from ending up in Orange, but I would love it if he did.

Let me help you out they beat East once East lost their qb who whooped a poorly coached PC team by himself. NCS would not beat Hillsboro or a poorly coached PC tm either. Competition in 1A is very mediocre and tiny as you can see via his film. Kid will be a VOL but honestly i just don't see special written about anything this kid does.

Daniel Brooks.

Kid does not have 50% of the fluidity that Daniel Brooks had coming out of hs. Somebody might want to pull up his film vs Bituli. No comparison at all. Brooks had an anger issue and all he did was knock ppl out while he was at UT before going to JSU and becoming a star for them. Some ppl hv the talent but hv to grow up and mature mentally. Brooks is now a sheriff and in the military in or around Knoxville and comes to Nashville frequently. Look up his film ppl he was an absolute stud

Let me help you out they beat East once East lost their qb who whooped a poorly coached PC team by himself. NCS would not beat Hillsboro or a poorly coached PC tm either. Competition in 1A is very mediocre and tiny as you can see via his film. Kid will be a VOL but honestly i just don't see special written about anything this kid does.

They beating East with their qb Isiah Upton. He actually got injured during that game, and didn't play the 2nd half. NCS could have beat Pearl this year but not Hillsboro.

De1, so in your opinion, this guy is not a take, but CBJ thinks otherwise?

Never said he wasn't a take @ all. I just said he was nothing special. Somebody compared him to Daniel Brooks and that's not even close. Alsobforbthe record Thig loves him and I've spoken the same words to him.

VN Store

Back