'16 TN ATH Gabe Angel

Butch needs to go ahead and offer 2015 Jackson Harris from Columbia Central...6'5", 250 pound heat seeking missile middle linebacker with 4.6 40 time. Saban and Franklin already have him as # 1 on their speed dial.

Butch needs to go ahead and offer 2015 Jackson Harris from Columbia Central...6'5", 250 pound heat seeking missile middle linebacker with 4.6 40 time. Saban and Franklin already have him as # 1 on their speed dial.

We have no chance

Franklin will lick, I mean lock him up

We have no chance

Franklin will lick, I mean lock him up

Tell him we will provide a hostess if needed. We should and will always have the upper hand against Vandy. Franklin will be gone after this year. It will be time for him to parlay his successes into a big contract at a bigger program.

Tell him we will provide a hostess if needed. We should and will always have the upper hand against Vandy. Franklin will be gone after this year. It will be time for him to parlay his successes into a big contract at a bigger program.

I hope he does move on...getting to be a pain in the ole butt

What is it about this kid that has so many interested this early? Is it just his build or is there somthing else that makes himstand out?

He's 6'3, 220 at the age of 13 or 14.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K_1-5FFR6Tc[/YOUTUBE]

What happened to Jackson Harris that posted here? I gave him hell about having that screen name.. I wonder if its the same kid.

He's 6'3, 220 at the age of 13 or 14.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K_1-5FFR6Tc[/YOUTUBE]

I'd need to see a birth certificate. This gives me a Dominican Republic little league baseball vibe..

Jk

"They're excited about me. They don't know which position I'm going to play yet because I still have three years to play in high school, but I like Tennessee. I think their new head coach (Butch Jones) has a good plan to turn it around. I think he's going to be successful."

-Scout

“I liked it,” said Angel, who holds early offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. “I’d kind of already seen everything and toured it, but I kind of watched practice and got a feel of how coach (Butch) Jones does things and how he runs practice and all that — and how uptempo everything is.

“There’s no walking around on the field or anything. Everybody’s always moving. He keeps you engaged in practice, so you’re not just standing around. You’re always doing something.”

“I really liked my visit that time I went up before, to the Kentucky (basketball) game and the junior day,” he said. “I just wanted to get back up and see how Coach Jones, how he ran his practices and all that, and see how he was on the field with everything and check out the offense and all that.

“I liked the way they coached and handled the guys. They get onto you, but then again, they laughed and had fun. I mean, it wasn’t all uptight and everything. They did a good job.

“I like the way that Coach Jones runs his practices.”

“Coach Gillespie, that was the first time I met him up there,” Angel said. “I really liked Coach Gillespie and how he was working out the running backs and all that. I just like the way he was coaching and all that. I got to talk to him a little bit. He’s a really cool guy. I like him a lot.”

“They were just telling me that they’re trying to change things at Tennessee and get it back to being the historic football (program) — winningest in the country or whatever,” Angel said. “Actually, the day I was up for practice, that’s the day (five-star running back) Jalen Hurd committed, so Coach Jones was pretty excited about that. He was telling me about all that.

“He was telling me he’s trying to get things going up there and hopefully turning it around and getting it headed in the right direction.”

Also mentioned his last visit to Vandy, and he got to tour Vandy and their complex. Said Franklin was selling him on academics and that they're a program on the rise.

He said his next visit is going to be to Miss. St. They were his first offer almost a year ago, and he hasn't been back to visit in a while.

Reactions: 1 person
Kid is special. Besides his size for his age, he really is developed as far as skill is concerned. Central is no slouch and plays a tough schedule. For him to stand out as a freshman is strong. No fluke here. Looks like Central is carrying a few D1 prospects next season.

If folks on the east side of the state want to see them, I think they play at one of the Bradley County schools this season. Might be worth marking on the calendar.

Class of 2016 standout Gabe Angel made headlines when Mississippi State offered him as an eighth-grader. Angel is favoring Tennessee and Vanderbilt so far. The strong power back figures to continue to grow, so his projected college position may change, although he wants to stay in the backfield. He has family ties to Vandy and whichever gives him a chance to play running back could be in the position to land him.

-Rivals

Also mentioned his last visit to Vandy, and he got to tour Vandy and their complex. Said Franklin was selling him on academics and that they're a program on the rise.

He said his next visit is going to be to Miss. St. They were his first offer almost a year ago, and he hasn't been back to visit in a while.

Complex? What complex? Complex math?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back