'16 TN ATH Gabe Angel

Word is this kid impressed the heck out of the Mississippi State coaches today and out performed a lot of kids 3 years olde than him.

I see him as a future MLB

Offers from Miss State and Vandy. Visiting Tennessee this weekend and Bama this week also. Just a Soph.

Watched Gabe practice in 7v7 last Saturday. Wow he is good. Hope he keeps developing. He could be special.

I don't know the kid but I played ball with his uncle and his dad was one of my coaches and he played at Cumberland.
Gabe is probably as tall as he'll get, but he'll beef up. You could always tell the kid was going to be special athletically.
He started as a freshman for Wilson Central, and was a key contributor. Caught the winning TD against Portland.
The only problem is that his whole family are Vandy fans.

“It was fun,” he said. “I like Tennessee — all the new things they put in, the facilities that they are getting or already have put in. Coach (Butch) Jones, I like Coach Jones, and (tight ends) coach (Mark) Elder and (running backs) coach (Jay) Graham and (linebackers) coach (Tommy) Thigpen. Those guys are really good men.

“Coach Jones, I think he’s going to win at Tennessee. He has a good plan. With what he’s doing, I think he’ll be successful. I really enjoyed the trip to Tennessee. It was probably one of the best ones I’ve been to so far this year.”

“I kind of like all the teams,” he said. “I don’t really have a favorite team. I watch them all, and I don’t really have a favorite. One part of my family is Tennessee fans, and one part of my family is Vanderbilt fans. I guess it kind of goes both ways there, so I don’t really have a favorite. I just like watching them play.

“I went to games at Vanderbilt a little more often because, I guess, it’s closer to where I live. It’s about 30 minutes away. But I don’t really have a favorite team, I guess you could say.”

Just a couple excerpts from the new article.

Doesn't have a position yet. Our coaches told him they don't care, and they wanted to offer him now. They'll place him after he plays a year or two in HS, and they'll figure it out from there once his body develops.

Kid must be a heck of an athlete for a freshman to be getting this much praise from so many schools as a freshman.

Also, note the bolded above.

Tennessee
Headlines
Vols offer in-state freshman

Gabe Angel at Wilson Central

Freshman athlete Gabe Angel of Wilson Central High School in Lebanon, Tenn., already claims four scholarship offers to date.

A freshman athlete from Lebanon, Tenn., already claims offers from four SEC teams, including the one from Tennessee he received last weekend during the

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back