'16 NC RB BJ Emmons

the Volquest guys are strongly hinting at it. He was at Georgia this weekend but rumor is he was there to see the Vols more than the Dawgs.

Reactions: 1 person
tumblr_inline_n28a6wFa2X1r1p6vo.gif

Tennessee was the first SEC program to offer Emmons and it was also the first school he visited this fall when the Vols opened against Utah State on Aug. 31. He was immediately impressed by what he saw.

"Tennessee has the biggest stadium and that's the first thing I thought about when they offered me; I just imagined myself playing in there. It doesn't get any better than that," Emmons said. "When I first went in there it wasn't packed, but there were enough people to where you could hear the noise. First the punters came out and I've never heard people screaming about punters.

"Then someone pulled me into coach (Butch) Jones' office and he told me he loved me and he wants me there and all of that and when I walked back out the whole team came out and everyone was screaming and I got a headache it was so loud."

"Growing up, I wouldn't say I was crazy over Tennessee, but I watched the games with my dad because my dad watched the games and he liked Tennessee," Emmons said. "After that I just fell off not even having a favorite school but when I got the offer they had me thinking a lot and it started thinking again."

Emmons said that he still wants to see a few things on his next visit but admitted there's a good chance he leaves Knoxville a Vol.

"I still want to see them run the offense but when I went there it was like love at first sight," Emmons explained. "You know, when you first see them, and I was like, 'Oh my gosh.' I just wanted to suit it. I was ready to go. It's still a possibility, a great possibility (that he commits)."

"The reason why I like coach Gillespie is because it's not always about football with him. Coach Gillespie sticks out from the other recruiters," Emmons said. "We have conversations about football, Tennessee, life. I like coach Gillespie a lot."

Emmons is in the middle of a huge year and it's very likely his ranking will jump up in the next round.
-VQ.

Reactions: 5 people
I wonder how far he'll move up in the next ranking. He's already a 5.7 on Rivals and #14 player in the state of NC.

IMO, he will move up to a top 10 RB in the nation and that will put him around 180-190 overall.

SN: I'm still waiting for Austin Smith to get this "big bump" that 247 referred to.

I wonder how far he'll move up in the next ranking. He's already a 5.7 on Rivals and #14 player in the state of NC.

IMO, he will move up to a top 10 RB in the nation and that will put him around 180-190 overall.

SN: I'm still waiting for Austin Smith to get this "big bump" that 247 referred to.

Yea no crap what happened with Austin's bump?

Emmons a 5 star back period, and one of the Top 3 players in the state of NC next year alomg with Lawrence and Joyner, and thats saying a lot of the talent of BJ. Kids is a special back and one that can only help us get back to the top of the SEC and nationally. hes that good.

This. Has anyone asked the 247 mods when they are going to re-evaluate Austin Smith? Their guys were calling him the most underrated LB in the south when he committed. Strange to say the least.

Fortenberry seems to think Emmons is going to get a "huge" bump in the next '16 rankings. It'll be interesting to see how high he jumps when they update.

Whenever he visits here, I hope our old fullback, Bobby Emmons, is here to shake his hand and say welcome to the University of Tennessee Vols.

Its incredible this kid is a 3 star. All you can do is laugh. Hell his soph highlights look like he s a senior lol.

This all day.. Not sure what more a kid has to do.. Great measurables and one of the sickest underclassman tapes out there.

VN Store

Back