'16 NC RB BJ Emmons

Tennessee leads per 247...

"It did cross my mind (to commit to Tennessee) as soon as I stepped in there because of, like I said, the fans. Whenever I walked in there, I could tell it was a place I was wanting to be. But I wanted to see if it was real or not, if that’s really where I want to go.

“I just wanted to wait a little bit longer and take a couple more visits — like, the Florida game and the Alabama game — and, after that, I will probably be making a decision.”

Emmons said he met with Tennessee coach Butch Jones and running backs coach Robert Gillespie during the visit, and he has stayed in frequent contact with Gillespie over the past few weeks.

“Coach Gillespie, I met him for the first time whenever I ate (on the visit),” Emmons said. “Coach Jones brought me into the office before the game. (Jones) said my name like he knew me before, like we had met before. He was just telling me how much they have to offer me down there, and he was like, ‘We love you. We’d love to see you in orange.’

“The first time I met (Gillespie), I wasn’t trying to ask a whole bunch of questions. But now I call him, like, every other night and we have conversations. It doesn’t really have to be about football or anything. It’s gotten to the point where I can talk to him about anything.”

Emmons’ stock has continued to rise with his strong start to his junior season. He said he recently added offers from North Carolina and Georgia, while he’s also drawing interest from Ohio State and LSU."

Tiny Boom

Reactions: 7 people

"It did cross my mind (to commit to Tennessee) as soon as I stepped in there because of, like I said, the fans. Whenever I walked in there, I could tell it was a place I was wanting to be. But I wanted to see if it was real or not, if that’s really where I want to go.

“I just wanted to wait a little bit longer and take a couple more visits — like, the Florida game and the Alabama game — and, after that, I will probably be making a decision.”

Emmons said he met with Tennessee coach Butch Jones and running backs coach Robert Gillespie during the visit, and he has stayed in frequent contact with Gillespie over the past few weeks.

“Coach Gillespie, I met him for the first time whenever I ate (on the visit),” Emmons said. “Coach Jones brought me into the office before the game. (Jones) said my name like he knew me before, like we had met before. He was just telling me how much they have to offer me down there, and he was like, ‘We love you. We’d love to see you in orange.’

“The first time I met (Gillespie), I wasn’t trying to ask a whole bunch of questions. But now I call him, like, every other night and we have conversations. It doesn’t really have to be about football or anything. It’s gotten to the point where I can talk to him about anything.”

Emmons’ stock has continued to rise with his strong start to his junior season. He said he recently added offers from North Carolina and Georgia, while he’s also drawing interest from Ohio State and LSU."

Tiny Boom

UGA offer and LSU interest should say a lot here.

tumblr_inline_n7ajxdce7n1rlpk9c.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Tiny Boom

83102974.gif

Reactions: 3 people
If UT does in fact lead and or the staff feels they can get him in Orange, it's just another reason to pass on a 6th RB in 2 years. Use the spot for more pressing needs.

Emmons does have some great film. Would be a good get for 2016.

JMO

If UT does in fact lead and or the staff feels they can get him in Orange, it's just another reason to pass on a 6th RB in 2 years. Use the spot for more pressing needs.

Emmons does have some great film. Would be a good get for 2016.

JMO

I think Emmons intentions will determine if they do that or not.

If he commits soon, they back off another RB this year, unless it is the kid committed to Fl State.

We may take one more bc we plan on only taking one next year. At least that's what they told Robert Washington, told him he'd be the only rb commit for next year if he committed.

So they may be waiting to see what happens this year but it would seem that 2016 spot is first come first serve.

Tennessee was early to the party with Emmons, being only the third team to offer him, and it's paying off. Georgia and North Carolina have since offered but Emmons will be back in Knoxville for the Florida game after being very impressed when he was on Rocky Top for the Utah State game.

Emmons told us that he came very close to committing to Tennessee when he last visited and said it's a real possibility he makes it official when he makes it on campus next month. His stock continues to rise as he's become one of the top tailbacks in North Carolina, regardless of class.
-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
That trip to Tennessee was the last college visit that Emmons went on. He was there for their game against Utah State and all he would say about that trip is that it "went well" and "(he) liked it."

This weekend Emmons will go to Georgia to watch their game against Tennessee. He will attend Tennessee's game against Florida later in the year.

So far this year Emmons has 702 yards and 14 touchdowns on the ground.
-Rivals.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back