'16 NC RB BJ Emmons

Yeah if Morris leaves Clemson that whole offense will fall apart. I have no doubt about that. He's definitely what keeps Dabo afloat.

As for Emmons he looks better to me than Damien Harris and no doubt he faces a ton better competition. Of course I've never been as high on Harris as some of these national sites are.

Yeah if Morris leaves Clemson that whole offense will fall apart. I have no doubt about that. He's definitely what keeps Dabo afloat.

As for Emmons he looks better to me than Damien Harris and no doubt he faces a ton better competition. Of course I've never been as high on Harris as some of these national sites are.

Yeah I think you're right about Harris. I just haven't seen enough of the 2016 RBs to compare him to any of them. BE is a beast anyway you look at it though. I'm sure the sites will catch up eventually. Hope he gets the Orange Carpet treatment this weekend. GBO!

plays 4a and very good comp. now of course like East Burke there are some weaker teams. but he is the real deal. Hopefully we can overcome clemson. they are about to fall back and us rise up. so hope hes recognizes that. Plus Morris is likely gone after this year and that will kill clemson. dabo will be in real trouble then.

Awesome! Thanks.
Kid can carve up a defense, that's for sure.

Griddie Freedom is 3a in a 4a/3a conference.3a in has got some really good teams this year in NC.

Heard from multiple sources in Morganton it's Clemson all the way but he doing due diligence going to Tennessee this weekend. Seen him play, he looks all world.

Yeh my fault didnt realize they had dropped last realignment and were in a split conference. They should reallt make a run this year.

So we have 4 RBs from NC coming in to visit on the same weekend. We're taking 5 RBs between the 2014 and 2015 classes, so barring any unforeseen transfers or position changes we may only be looking to take one RB in 2016.

...does that get tense at all? I guess I'm just curious how the coaches juggle a situation in which they're entertaining several candidates for one scholarship all at the same time.

The 5-foot-11, 213-pound Emmons said he doesn’t “know a lot” about the Vols, but he’s looking forward to finding out more about them when he makes the trip to Tennessee this weekend.

“I heard the stadium was humongous,” he said. “And all my teachers at my school, that’s all they talk about, is Tennessee and how big the school is, how good the environment is. Teachers are telling me at my school that the school’s big and nice, and I’ve got to see it for myself.

“(Gillespie) was just really talking about the environment for their games up there and how the people will make me feel at home. After he told me all that, it really caught my attention — and just the way he said he wanted to give me a scholarship, the way he watched my film. When I called him, he talked like we’ve actually known each other before.”

Emmons, who’s also drawing early interest from Clemson and North Carolina, among others, said the Vols already are standing out to him among his three offers.

“That’s the one that stands out the most, really, because it’s SEC,” he said. “That’s the biggest one.”

After splitting carries last year in his first season as a running back, Emmons said he rushed for 250 yards and six touchdowns on just 11 carries in his team’s season opener last week at East Burke High School in Connelly Springs, N.C.

“With me, if you see me coming, you just don’t really know what’s coming,” he said. “I can give you a move or I can run you over or run by you.” His school criteria is a home away from home, team & coaching staff with ambition to win, and also a good tradition. Sign him up sounds like a early Vol lean:D

Reactions: 2 people
Awesome what position your son play? enjoyed seeing you guys put a whipping on Tom Brown. You guys a shot at making some noise? thi k we have a chance with Emmons?

Seeing Tom Brown get whipped makes me happy. We whipped him 4 years straight. One was in front of 16,000 people at Lenoir Rhyne College my junior year in HS.We play Freedom in 2 weeks...I will be giving updates on Emmons while I am at the game. Look forward to seeing him...hope my boys can slow him down a liittle.

This guy reminds me of a Jamal Lewis type back, in that he will juke you or run you over. My favorite quote:
“With me, if you see me coming, you just don’t really know what’s coming,” he said. “I can give you a move or I can run you over or run by you.”

hahahaha....I laughed when I read this! Definite want for 2016!

Reactions: 1 person
He's been to Clemson many times for camps and also to NC State. He told me Friday during the pre-game meal he likes the possibility of playing in the SEC. I told him he would enjoy the school and how rabid our fans are, and of course about Neyland. He is really quiet but confident enough to be great. Also a great basketball player, dunked in eighth grade. They didn't play him much in second half Friday or it would have been in the triple digits. Conference foes are up soon, so competition will get tougher.

Everyone in Morganton says Clemson lock

"Emmons, who’s also drawing early interest from Clemson and North Carolina, among others, said the Vols already are standing out to him among his three offers.

'That’s the one that stands out the most, really, because it’s SEC,' he said. 'That’s the biggest one.'”

The above quotes suggest otherwise.

I'm just relating what multiple folks that are active in the community have told me. I don't know him or claim to be an insider.

VN Store

Back