'16 NC OG Landon Dickerson

Leading for Bryce Matthews came out of nowhere. At least for me it's just like "whaaaaa!?!!?

Fort said a couple of weeks back that UT is in a good position for Bryce. His family enjoys living in the Brentwood area. Butch has done a good job gaining trust in the family.

Fort said people were putting too much into the legacy thing with his dad.

Reactions: 2 people
Fort said a couple of weeks back that UT is in a good position for Bryce. His family enjoys living in the Brentwood area. Butch has done a good job gaining trust in the family.

That is excellent.

I had missed this as well. Thank you for the good news here. We need at least 3 true offensive tackle prospects in this class and we will be back on track with recruiting at that position IMO.

Dickerson did play at Hickory but Hickory coached got fired or resigned.Dickerson then transferred to South Caldwell.

This kid is going to end up at a National Top 50-75 prospect. I know he's a VT legacy but he has sure visited TN a lot. I guess my question would be is he visiting VT as much as he's been in Knoxville the last several months?

The VQ mods and even FranklinVol in the last month or two made it sound like it all comes down to how high he is on TN's board.

Hes not as high on Tennessee's board as he wants to be. Its not a slight to him as a player. UT took 4 players last class that project to guard so the focus will be on tackle first.

Reactions: 4 people
Hes not as high on Tennessee's board as he wants to be. Its not a slight to him as a player. UT took 4 players last class that project to guard so the focus will be on tackle first.

Is this referring to Dickerson or someone else? It seems like there are multiple people being talked about in thread so it's confusing

So Matthews projects at Guard? The exchange got confusing there for a minute. It seems like the comments shifted towards talking about Matthews. The comment you quoted was in reference to Matthews. So I just wanted to make sure I was reading that right.

As we should since its his thread. Who does the staff have targeted higher as a guard?

Its not so much that anyone else is higher at guard, from what im hearing hes the top guy there. What I meant was that the need for tackle is greater. After taking Stewart, Bouleware, Jones, and Hall who all project to play some, if not all, of their careers at guard, the need for tackle is greater.

If we take two tackles and a guard, and I have no idea what the plan is, Dickerson is a Vol.

Reactions: 2 people
Its not so much that anyone else is higher at guard, from what im hearing hes the top guy there. What I meant was that the need for tackle is greater. After taking Stewart, Bouleware, Jones, and Hall who all project to play some, if not all, of their careers at guard, the need for tackle is greater.

If we take two tackles and a guard, and I have no idea what the plan is, Dickerson is a Vol.

Very nice :hi:

I was talking about Matthews when I mentioned the VQ mods and FranklinVol's commets in recent weeks/months. I was quoting comments talking about him.

I'd be shocked if Dickerson wasn't a take after the camps he's had and how hard the staff seems to be recruiting him. I cant imagine there is anther guard out there who is higher on the board.

I was talking about Matthews when I mentioned the VQ mods and FranklinVol's commets in recent weeks/months. I was quoting comments talking about him.

I'd be shocked if Dickerson wasn't a take after the camps he's had and how hard the staff seems to be recruiting him. I cant imagine there is anther guard out there who is higher on the board.

So, Matthews is not as high on the coaches' list of tackles as he'd like to be?

VN Store

Back