'16 NC OG Landon Dickerson

A four-star recruit in the class of 2016, Dickerson narrowly missed out on five-star star status, finishing No. 43 overall in the country. He chose Florida State after a hotly contested recruitment that included Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn and Florida. Dickerson has been very effective when healthy for the Seminoles: He started seven games as a true freshman, two games in 2017 and played in two games in 2018. All three seasons saw Dickerson suffer injuries, including a torn ACL in 2016. Dickerson entered the portal earlier this offseason but then returned to FSU. Now it appears he’s gone for good. Because of his injury history, it’s likely Dickerson could have two seasons of eligibility at his next school, but he will have at least one year regardless.

Potential landing spots: Dickerson was thought to be a lock for Tennessee at various points throughout his recruitment, and the Vols are in need of offensive line depth. However, the staff has changed since Dickerson’s high school days. North Carolinacould also be an option as Mack Brown looks to rebuild the Heels and would offer playing time and an option close to home.

-Rivals

Not coming to UT? Please tell me hole in the head didn't perpetrate an unprovoked attack on bignewt for no reason!

I mean... if I had one year of eligibility and Bama gave me an offer... I'd go get my ring too... you can't blame the kid... and you can't sell a rebuild to an athlete with 1 year of eligibility left... best of luck to him

Reactions: PA Vol
I mean... if I had one year of eligibility and Bama gave me an offer... I'd go get my ring too... you can't blame the kid... and you can't sell a rebuild to an athlete with 1 year of eligibility left... best of luck to him
They give rings for second place? At least he can win the sec.

Get a ring for riding the pine? Kid has more of a chance to start day one here.

Ha, and some thought this guy wasn’t worth the risk of a scholarship at Tennessee
Yeah Alabama being in a better position to take on the risk doesn't change that. Happy for him. Still glad we didn't pursue. Maybe he's good enough to start day 1 at bama. But he's still risky enough to be out by day 3. If we weren't already borrowing against next class it would be more worth the risk.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah Alabama being in a better position to take on the risk doesn't change that. Happy for him. Still glad we didn't pursue. Maybe he's good enough to start day 1 at bama. But he's still risky enough to be out by day 3. If we weren't already borrowing against next class it would be more worth the risk.

This makes sense
I still think he would’ve been a great pickup but see your point

Reactions: Sleegro

VN Store

Back