'16 NC OG Landon Dickerson

A P5 OL whose only negative is that he has been injury prone? That can be flukey. Especially if he has two years, with the way our OL Recruiting is going for 2020, this is a no brainer.
I think it's a brainer. Haha

That's a reason too. But recruiting failures play a big part too.
There’s enough fail to go into plenty of categories. People forget elite schools fail all the time, it’s just that they succeed in so many areas that it makes up for it. Bama let Kamara go bc he couldn’t get off the bench there. Saban misses on evaluations all the time but he gets more right than he gets wrong and he’s a helluva coach on the field as well.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
"Became the first true freshman offensive lineman to start a home opener at Florida State since Jamie Dukes in 1982 when he started at right guard versus Charleston Southern in Week 2" - FSU website

FSU has had their fair share of talent since 1982. How can people not want this guy? Heck, even if he doesn't start (which would be a surprise given the current state of the OL), why wouldn't you want him for depth purposes? Injuries happen all the time on the OL, clearly he's talented.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Dickerson at LG and Morris at LT would be a big improvement over last year. If Trey's back, he could shift to RG or play both and give us options. Dickerson's injuries are a concern, but with two years left and our OL depth, I think Pruitt would consider it a reasonable risk.
i like 2 years left to play.

but i do think it's a risk for an OL guy that's been prone to injury. hate to take him, and he wind up riding hte bench for a year plus.

they just have to decide if it's worth it or not. i see both sides. but if you take him, it comes iwht an "if" for sure.

Dickerson at LG and Morris at LT would be a big improvement over last year. If Trey's back, he could shift to RG or play both and give us options. Dickerson's injuries are a concern, but with two years left and our OL depth, I think Pruitt would consider it a reasonable risk.

Big upgrades? Wth?

btw did you hear USC W got a transfer ***** Olineman?

115694C8-6CE8-49E2-9E33-F5D726454A18.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
I would want to make darn sure he is 100 percent healthy before I took him. We have had enough of injury prone players from the prior staff. But I trust this staff, if they think he is a take I am all for it. GBO!

Reactions: Catbone
i like 2 years left to play.

but i do think it's a risk for an OL guy that's been prone to injury. hate to take him, and he wind up riding hte bench for a year plus.

they just have to decide if it's worth it or not. i see both sides. but if you take him, it comes iwht an "if" for sure.

On the plus side, he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him and wants to play at the next level, so he'll be motivated to make the most of a new start. I remember DT Kenny Bigelow transferring to WVU for his final year and he just killed us when we played them. He had two ACL injuries and sat most of his career at SC, but he started every game for WVU and was signed by the Saints. We're due some of that kind of luck.

I would want to make darn sure he is 100 percent healthy before I took him. We have had enough of injury prone players from the prior staff. But I trust this staff, if they think he is a take I am all for it. GBO!

a take pending a physical

Or maybe it's your posting history......

there should be a negavol banner for certain posters to be branded with, like the poison face

DLTmOH2__400x400.jpeg

Is there any reason (other than him considering UT as a high school player) that we think he'd come here?
People are saying that maybe Price has hinted he might be leaning this way. But, even if that's not true, people here think it's important we recruit every person in the transfer portal and especially important if we recruited him and he went somewhere else.

"Became the first true freshman offensive lineman to start a home opener at Florida State since Jamie Dukes in 1982 when he started at right guard versus Charleston Southern in Week 2" - FSU website

FSU has had their fair share of talent since 1982. How can people not want this guy? Heck, even if he doesn't start (which would be a surprise given the current state of the OL), why wouldn't you want him for depth purposes? Injuries happen all the time on the OL, clearly he's talented.
Ignorance

On the plus side, he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him and wants to play at the next level, so he'll be motivated to make the most of a new start. I remember DT Kenny Bigelow transferring to WVU for his final year and he just killed us when we played them. He had two ACL injuries and sat most of his career at SC, but he started every game for WVU and was signed by the Saints. We're due some of that kind of luck.
we've been due that kind of luck for a while..............................

VN Store

Back