Nov. 15at Duke Blue Devils*
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NCWon 17-16---Saturday
Nov. 22at Wake Forest Demon Deacons*
BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, NCLost 6-3 (2OT)---Friday
Nov. 28Virginia Cavaliers*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VAWon 24-20---2014 Military BowlSaturday
Dec. 27Cincinnati Bearcats*
Navy-Marine Corps. Stadium, Annapolis, MDWon 33-17

no they still spiraling down. they upset OSU to begin the season only because of the qb situation at OSU at the time. after that lost to ecu, pitt, wake forest among others.

That nc state game was the worse game of football I have ever seen. It was a bright sunny day....no reason for the offenses to be that putrid

Living in VA I have a strong dislike for all things Tech but their offense was absolutely decimated by injury last year, OL and RB in particular. I think they ended the season with their 12th string RB by the time it was all said and done. I don't think they'll be world beaters by any stretch of the imagination but saying they are sliding, based solely off of last season, is probably a bit premature.

Vols are "standing out" to Dickerson according to Scout. I don't have a subscription to be able to read any more than that.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe hes a Vol. and hokies have definitely dropped off in recent years. and its not going to get much better.

I believe hes a Vol. and hokies have definitely dropped off in recent years. and its not going to get much better.

Griddie, 247 lists him an inch and a half taller than Rivals and an offensive tackle. Which is more accurate and what position do you think the coaches see him at?

Vols are "standing out" to Dickerson according to Scout. I don't have a subscription to be able to read any more than that.

“I think so far Tennessee has been the nicest junior day I’ve gone to,” Dickerson said. “They’ve had the most time and effort put into it.

“I’m wide open to anyone right now but my three that kind of stand out are Tennessee, Virginia Tech and South Carolina. Those are the schools that when I’ve gone to them, I’ve enjoyed them the most. I like the coaching staffs and the facilities the most.”
Scout

Reactions: 3 people
"He and his family really like Tennessee. I was talking to his father after junior day and mentioned the VT connection (Dickerson's grandfather played at Va Tech), and he basically said that's true but they hadn't visited another school that matched what Tennessee could offer in terms of support from an athletic standpoint and academic standpoint."

"They were extremely impressed. We will see if he visits those schools you mentioned that have recently offered, but right now it really is about the Vols and Hokies with Dickerson. Could change if he takes more visits, but that's what's going on right now."

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 8 people
Per Callahan

Dickerson, a Top247 prospect, received an early offer from Tennessee last year and has visited the Vols a handful of times since last summer, most recently for their junior day Feb. 21. Following that visit, he said Tennessee remained in his early top three along with South Carolina and Virginia Tech, where his grandfather played. But Dickerson’s recruitment recently has started to heat up, with Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and Vanderbilt all having extended offers to him within the past three weeks.

Vandy offered, it's over guys.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Really impressed with Dickerson...

Landon Dickerson has yet to lose a rep. Really, really like him.

He and Clemson commitment Sean Pollard will battle it out for OL MVP.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 4 people
Mike Farrell interview up on Rivals...Landon said he's a mean and nasty football player and he wants to play for an OL in college that plays the same way. He just visited VT last weekend and will visit UT soon. Other schools he'll visit...Bama, FSU and Scar. Farrell pushed him for a top 2 and he said "Tennessee and VT...they both recruit me the hardest."

Good interview. I like this kid, he's upfront and honest about wanting to go kick some ass. Hope we land him.

Reactions: 9 people
Mike Farrell interview up on Rivals...Landon said he's a mean and nasty football player and he wants to play for an OL in college that plays the same way. He just visited VT last weekend and will visit UT soon. Other schools he'll visit...Bama, FSU and Scar. Farrell pushed him for a top 2 and he said "Tennessee and VT...they both recruit me the hardest."

Good interview. I like this kid, he's upfront and honest about wanting to go kick some ass. Hope we land him.

We NEED more nasty OL like Jack Jones. I think an entire culture change there would be good. IMO, they each need to be slapped like John Henderson was before the gane. Fire them boys up!

Reactions: 2 people
"He and his family really like Tennessee. I was talking to his father after junior day and mentioned the VT connection (Dickerson's grandfather played at Va Tech), and he basically said that's true but they hadn't visited another school that matched what Tennessee could offer in terms of support from an athletic standpoint and academic standpoint."

"They were extremely impressed. We will see if he visits those schools you mentioned that have recently offered, but right now it really is about the Vols and Hokies with Dickerson. Could change if he takes more visits, but that's what's going on right now."

-Fortenberry

" hadn't visited another school that matched what Tennessee could offer in terms of support from athletic standpoint and academic standpoint" :rock:

Last edited:
Fortenberry said its unheard of to see a 3* OL earn a Rivals 5* invite. Just shows you how much Dickerson impressed. Fort said he never lost a rep. Expected to be at the O&W game. AU, UA, and FSU have all recently offered.

Look for the staff to push for a couple of commitments at the Spring game. JMO. I hope LD makes the call for the Vols.

Landing this kid to go with Johnson would be a very good start. Currently leading for Bryce Mathews also.

Reactions: 7 people
Leading for Bryce Matthews came out of nowhere. At least for me it's just like "whaaaaa!?!!?

VN Store

Back