'16 MI CB Lavert Hill

Would be great to get hill and corley but but im not going to hold my breath.michigan is relivent again and msu is in the playoffs and both are recruiting them. Imo we have a better chanch to get hardman and brown.

Per P Fort

Tennessee has made some decent inroads into the Detroit, Mich., area recently and that was headlined in the Vols' 2015 recruiting class by running back John Kelly signing with the Vols.

The Tennessee coaching staff is hoping to land several more players from the Motor City in 2016 and its best chances are wide receiver Donnie Corley and defensive back Lavert Hill from Martin Luther King Jr. High School.

Corley took an official visit to Tennessee earlier in the year and advised Hill he needed to check out the Vols, too.

"Donnie just told me -- I talk to him every day -- he told me to hurry up and get down there because I would love it. I listed to him and I came down here," Hill said. "I had been here two summers ago and I had always wanted to get back down here. I talked to mom and told her I wanted to take an official visit down here and she said I could."

Hill saw what his friend and teammate was talking about during his official visit this past weekend and noted the best part about Rocky Top was the people.

"I liked how much the coaches care and how the people are," Hill said. "They treat you pretty good down here."

Hill spent time with head coach Butch Jones and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez.

"(Jones) told me wanted me here and he said he will come up and see me in January," Hill said. "I spent time with (Martinez) a lot. We watched a lot of film and he was telling me about a lot of stuff.

Hill also hung out with fellow four-star defensive back and Tennessee commitment Marquill Osborne and the two seemed to hit it off.

"He was next to me the whole time. I was with him a lot," Hill said. "We became pretty good friends."

After seeing Tennessee up closer for the first time in a while, Hill says the Vols have moved up on the list.

"Now that I've seen it they are pretty high for me," Hill said. "I'm pretty interested in them and I just want to get back down here before I make my decision again."

Hill said he wants his mother to see Tennessee, but he still plans to take more officials in January, most likely to Ohio State, considered a strong contender, and Southern Cal. He added the two instate schools, Michigan and Michigan State, are both recruiting him as well.

For now, Hill said he's not sure when he will make a decision.

"I'm just keeping my options open. I just want to sit down with my mom and go from there," Hill said. "I was going to make a decision at the Army Game, but I'm thinking about doing it later on. But, I don't know about it."

Reactions: 5 people
IF it happens, and I do pray it does not, then we need to hire a big time DB coach. Problem is I do not know who we could get.
esp in the tight market this year, so many openings, we'll have to pay for a good one that's certain

Vols chances with Hill?

More of a shot than I would have thought a week ago. I would stay tuned to this recruitment, and Corley's as well. They go hand-in-hand.

-Josh Helmholdt, Midwest Rivals Analyst

Reactions: 6 people
Vols chances with Hill?

-Josh Helmholdt, Midwest Rivals Analyst

Y9xWFbTw37F8Q.gif

Reactions: 2 people
SIAP...OV to Michigan this weekend, committing next week.

Michigan might have a monster week next week. Bush Jr, Hill, Corley, and Walker all supposed to announce their decisions next week.

VN Store

Back