'16 MI CB Lavert Hill

I'm hoping that means Corley?

Here was the entire quote

We're hearing there's a good chance 4-star defensive back LaVert Hill will be on campus as well. Hill decommitted from Penn State earlier tonight and now says he will take all of his visits before deciding at the Army Game on January 9. He was scheduled to visit with Donnie Corley earlier but wasn't able to and we hear the Vols are trying again there.

Speaking of Corley, look for Tennessee to visit with the 4-star wide receiver later this week fresh off of a state championship winning touchdown catch earlier this weekend. Corley is scheduled to make an announcement on Dec. 9 and while the feeling is he will stay in the Big 10, Tennessee seems to be trying to make one last push.

Reactions: 6 people
tennessee still is searching for additional help at cornerback in the 2016 class, and a top-100 cornerback who reopened his recruitment sunday appears to be interested in the vols.

Four-star cornerback lavert hill of martin luther king high school in detroit decommitted from penn state on sunday, and sources said he's currently expected to take an official visit to tennessee this weekend.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound hill is a teammate of top247 wide receiver donnie corley, one of the vols' longtime top receiver targets. Hill briefly was scheduled to take an official visit to tennessee the weekend of oct. 10 for its home game against georgia, when corley returned to knoxville on an official visit, but hill ended up calling off the trip at the last minute.

Sources have indicated that tennessee has remained in the picture with hill in recent months, and he has continued to show some interest in the vols. But michigan, which hosted him on an unofficial visit saturday for its regular-season finale against ohio state, now is widely believed to be the team to beat for hill.

right now, sources believe he's a bit of a long shot for the vols, even if he follows through on his tentative plans to travel to tennessee this weekend. But if he makes the trip to knoxville, he should be considered at least an intriguing possibility at cornerback for the vols, particularly since he probably has time to take only a couple more visits as a projected early enrollee.

Reactions: 4 people
If he makes it in we have a shot. Besides Michigan got throttled at home this weekend. Don't know how much of a game experience he got during his visit.

Per Hubbs
Cornerback LaVert Hill is scheduled to be in and as of Thursday night he's still expected to be on campus. While he was scheduled to make a visit earlier in the fall, there's much more optimism about him making it to town this weekend. Tennessee has to be considered a long shot heading into the visit, but he's at least giving the Vols a chance. Michigan is considered the leader after Hill decommitted from Penn State earlier this week, but several Big10 schools are making a run.

Reactions: 8 people
Per Hubbs

493908945cadce98c908abe447227fca.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
This guy's older brother is probably starting at Safety for Michigan next year...I'd be shocked if we beat them out for his signature.

Says he had a great visit and likes the ppl in Knoxville. He spent his entire visit linkes up with Osborne. Several Big10 schools are afrer him primarily Ohio St and Michigan. Also said he wants to bring his mother back in January for a visit if schedules permit.

Reactions: 4 people
Just caught up with Lavert Hill and he said he had a very good time in Knoxville this weekend. He spent a lot of time with Marquill Osborne and noted, "He was with me the whole time." He added they hit it off pretty good.

He noted that he really liked the people in Knoxville and liked getting to spend time with the coaching staff. He said he wants to be able to bring his mom down for a visit in January if they can get something set up. Obviously, we hear that quite a bit, but if that can happen it would be big for the Vols.

As of now, Hill said he knows he wants to visit Ohio State and USC but didn't know when those will happen. He added that he could take a visit to one of the instate schools.

I have heard that Ohio State is a major factor for Hill so they may be the team to beat right now. He added he could make a decision at the Army Game but is leaning towards not doing that now.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 5 people
My theory is, Its not Ironic that he decided to go on twitter and say that him and another one of our big targets are going to commit on the same day while he was on his trip to Knoxville. All part of Butch's plan.

Reactions: 1 person
My theory is, Its not Ironic that he decided to go on twitter and say that him and another one of our big targets are going to commit on the same day while he was on his trip to Knoxville. All part of Butch's plan.

It does seem fishy. I would love to get these kids.

VN Store

Back