'16 FL WR Latrell Williams (UT signee 2/3/16)

There are so many guys that I wish we could fit into this class, but I don't think we should send anyone else packing this close to signing day.

I think we could possibly get 22. 17 right now, so add: Warrior, Brown/Daniels, Dickerson, Byrd, and Williams. I think that's definitely doable, and I think that there will be defections so 22-23 can definitely be the number.

I don't believe any current commits are or have been taking any visits other than UT. If there are defections, they won't be the commitments choice.

"Yes, that's the board they are working from. They have three spots to fill."

-Fortenberry

So unless something happens, it is looking like we have to pick 3.

-Fortenberry

dhc.gif

Reactions: 3 people

-Fortenberry

Lines up with what LWS said the other day. Also that they will hold the spot for Stewart. I'd guess they have conformation he is coming.

-Fortenberry

We probably hoping for Warrior, Brown or Daniels, Dickerson, and Kongbo? Then Byrd is one if those needs aren't met, and Williams if 2 of those 4 don't commit. we have plenty of back up plans.

-Fortenberry

I'm not sure of the context this was said in, but is it possible that the 3 spots to fill doesn't include Warrior (or anybody else that the coaches may view as committed already)?

-Fortenberry

I remember last year they were saying we couldn't take more than 25. Fortenberry has no idea.

GFW (who is a better source) said yesterday that we'll sign more than people expect.

So I'm leaning toward 22 spots not 20.

So we really only have 2 spots left, or 3? And any chance they are counting Warrior as committed?

I'd say no on Warrior. He's taking trips. Butch won't count that one till he's gone public. LWS said 3 plus 1 held for Stewart. VQ saying 3 spots left fits. Stewart's spot isn't left as he's filling it.

I remember last year they were saying we couldn't take more than 25. Fortenberry has no idea.

GFW (who is a better source) said yesterday that we'll sign more than people expect.

So I'm leaning toward 22 spots not 20.

I wonder if they want people to think we can only take 3 but could make it work for 1 or 2 more...to help get more clear answers from kids before NSD so staff knows whether they are in or out or on fence still.

I wonder if they want people to think we can only take 3 but could make it work for 1 or 2 more...to help get more clear answers from kids before NSD so staff knows whether they are in or out or on fence still.

Great thought! Might be why Butch has VQ put out a certain number every year that seems to be a hard number, yet we always sign a couple more.

-Fortenberry

Warrior, brown, kongbo. Dickerson would replace niehaus. Byrd could replace Henderson. Woods is backup to kongbo.

You have to take Warrior. Stud. Legacy. And safety is a need.

And you have to take a high school DT. So brown/Daniels. You need quality depth on the interior DL.

The others are up for discussion IMO.

I'm not sure of the context this was said in, but is it possible that the 3 spots to fill doesn't include Warrior (or anybody else that the coaches may view as committed already)?

I'm hoping for this. Bama recruiting site guy already said Warrior was a Vol. So maybe he's not one of the 3. And since this means we could take more, I'm rolling with it. &#9996;&#65039;&#128074;&#128077; <<--- kinda looks like Vol

You have to take Warrior. Stud. Legacy. And safety is a need.

And you have to take a high school DT. So brown/Daniels. You need quality depth on the interior DL.

The others are up for discussion IMO.

Absolutely spot on. Warrior & Brown/Daniels are top priorities. With the 3rd spot i think needs dictate either a 2nd DL, WR, or maybe DB. Dickerson would be awfully nice to have but we have #s on OL assuming Stewart will make it in.

Absolutely spot on. Warrior & Brown/Daniels are top priorities. With the 3rd spot i think needs dictate either a 2nd DL, WR, or maybe DB. Dickerson would be awfully nice to have but we have #s on OL assuming Stewart will make it in.

All 5 remaining on the board are elite prospects. If they want in they will have a spot.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back