'16 FL WR Latrell Williams (UT signee 2/3/16)

At least on the track, literally hundreds. Williams' best official 100 time last year ranked 66th in Florida; over 150 Texas kids alone had faster times. Williams' 55m PR was not among the top 100 time nationally last year.

Just making the point that if anyone thinks he has truly special speed like Demps, they're going to be disappointed. But is fast enough to be an effective receiver in the SEC? Absolutely!

Evan Berry is fast. Williams is as fast. Elite speed is elite speed. Evan set and tied records at UT with the speed that he has. A person doesn't have to have a 10.000 100 meter time. In other words Demps 100 meter time don't mean anything. Williams has the speed to bank kickoffs, get behind secondaries and out run them to the end zone. What more could we want?

Latrell Williams 100 meter is 10.75. When compared to Evan Berry that is a really good time.

CP84's best 100 meter dash time is 10.33.

Speed is speed on a football field whether 10.33 or 10.75

Last edited:
Evan Berry is fast. Williams is as fast. Elite speed is elite speed. Evan set and tied records at UT with the speed that he has. A person doesn't have to have a 10.000 100 meter time. In other words Demps 100 meter time don't mean anything. Williams has the speed to bank kickoffs, get behind secondaries and out run them to the end zone. What more could we want?
Demps' 100 means nothing...lol

Yes, lol, as in sarcastic laughter.

Yeah I know. My point was that it's ridiculous to compare Williams with Demps. A 10.75 is nothing to make light of. Maybe you think Evan Berry isn't fast because his time isn't as fast as Demps. Its ridiculous to grab a name out of a record book and compare our guys to him. Makes no sense what your trying to say. Unless you're a Florida fan then that makes sense.

Yeah I know. My point was that it's ridiculous to compare Williams with Demps. A 10.75 is nothing to make light of. Maybe you think Evan Berry isn't fast because his time isn't as fast as Demps. Its ridiculous to grab a name out of a record book and compare our guys to him. Makes no sense what your trying to say. Unless you're a Florida fan then that makes sense.

I agree with your overall point of the message, however, it doesn't take a genius to infer that the NCAA sprinting champion will also run fast on a football field.

Derp

Just looked at his highlights and this kid fast! I don't think anyone was within the 10 yard line on any of his touchdowns lol

He looks like he will make an early impact in the return game or by simply getting him the ball in space. In his HUDL film he consistently makes defenders look silly. There has not been a single time anyone I've seen has been able to catch him from behind once he gets into open space. He definitely doesn't shy away from contact, and I think he'll be a very good asset on WR end arounds. He gets to the edge very quickly. I know he'll face faster defenders on the field for us, but seriously, I believe he will end up being a much better weapon than a lot of people believe.

Berry, Sutton & Kamara think that impact may be a little delayed

Reactions: 3 people
I just met a former Columbia HS coach, Latrell's brother played for him 10 years ago. Anyway, said he knows Latrell very well, and when I asked him about
this internet rumor of a sub 4.3 he just laughed and said "Its more like a 4.5, there's a reason he was a 2 star player."

He did say that Latrell was a great kid and a hard worker that comes from a wonderful family. That is all.

I just met a former Columbia HS coach, Latrell's brother played for him 10 years ago. Anyway, said he knows Latrell very well, and when I asked him about
this internet rumor of a sub 4.3 he just laughed and said "Its more like a 4.5, there's a reason he was a 2 star player."

He did say that Latrell was a great kid and a hard worker that comes from a wonderful family. That is all.

Rivals had him at 2-star because he didn't perform well at their camp. 247 had him at a high 3-star and espn a 4-star. That is all.

That sounds like a slap in the face. I guess it's good he's a friend of the family or he might say what he really thinks.

Don't care what he runs. Kid is football fast and that is clear as day in his highlights

Reactions: 1 person
That sounds like a slap in the face. I guess it's good he's a friend of the family or he might say what he really thinks.

I dont think so, just a dose of reality. And I'm not going to play "shoot the messenger" with you guys,
the man said he coached football in Lake City for over 20 years, speaks very highly of the family, he
was very respectful. Just said Latrell isn't as fast as we all heard. Whats the big deal fer cryin out loud?

I dont think so, just a dose of reality. And I'm not going to play "shoot the messenger" with you guys,
the man said he coached football in Lake City for over 20 years, speaks very highly of the family, he
was very respectful. Just said Latrell isn't as fast as he looks on film, films lies a lot. Whats the big deal fer cryin out loud?

fyp

just because this guy coached his brother 10 years ago and gives you his opinion does not mean its right. He is running away from other players in his films and maybe the other players were so slow and it made him look faster than what he is ? does he look like a 2* to you ?

was very respectful. Just said Latrell isn't as fast as we all heard. Whats the big deal fer cryin out loud?

I don't mind the remark as much about him saying his speed is 4.5. He is probably a pretty good judge of that. What I do mind is his remark about there being a reason he is a 2-star. I don't blame you. I did not criticize you. I criticized what the coach said.

VN Store

Back