'16 FL WR Latrell Williams (UT signee 2/3/16)

I do wonder about his grades. Hyams keeps mentioning when he's on 104.5 that the staff has indicated that they may have a couple of academic casualties.

Anybody else feel Williams is the guy in case Vincent perry never recovers.... Perry looked quick as all hail before he went down. Good underneath crossing route guys, quick enough to out run the LB. anyone?

What's wrong with his grades?

I actually wondered about his grade when we first started recruiting him as well. His tape and measurables looks so good I didn't understand why hiss offers were so sparse. A lot of times when the kid doesn't have many offers, but has the talent, it's down to grades.

Now, I admit I have no clue if Williams is in that category or not.

I actually wondered about his grade when we first started recruiting him as well. His tape and measurables looks so good I didn't understand why hiss offers were so sparse. A lot of times when the kid doesn't have many offers, but has the talent, it's down to grades.

Now, I admit I have no clue if Williams is in that category or not.

FWIW...

A prospect with a questionable academic background for much of his high school career, Williams unexpectedly turned himself around in the classroom and managed to qualify. That qualification, combined with a blazing 40 time at camp and a shockingly good senior season, is how he ended up at Tennessee.
National Signing Day 2016: Welcome to Tennessee, Latrell Williams! - Rocky Top Talk

Reactions: 3 people
FWIW...

A prospect with a questionable academic background for much of his high school career, Williams unexpectedly turned himself around in the classroom and managed to qualify. That qualification, combined with a blazing 40 time at camp and a shockingly good senior season, is how he ended up at Tennessee.
National Signing Day 2016: Welcome to Tennessee, Latrell Williams! - Rocky Top Talk

Good for him. Worked hard and will now be afforded an incredible opportunity.

Pulling for this kid to have a lot of success.

You owe it to yourselves to watch Latrell's senior year highlights if you have not. Then any legitimate question you have in your mind about his abilities should be dispelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You owe it to yourselves to watch Latrell's senior year highlights if you have not. Then any legitimate question you have in your mind about his abilities should be dispelled.

After watching his tape, I think I may have found a nickname name for this guy...

giphy.gif

"He's fast. I mean he's so fast, he makes fast people look not fast."

This kid could be a real weapon in both the kick return game and running the quick underneath routes, speed sweeps, and reverses out of the slot.

Reactions: 1 person
This cat does not get caught. You better keep him in front of you, or it's bye-bye.

Yes. There are really fast guys that cannot run well with pads on. There are really fast guys that can run well in pads and not catch passes well. Latrell runs really fast and catches the ball well. This is a big fail by Rivals not to have followed up on his progress.

Yes. There are really fast guys that cannot run well with pads on. There are really fast guys that can run well in pads and not catch passes well. Latrell runs really fast and catches the ball well. This is a big fail by Rivals not to have followed up on his progress.

There's fast and then there's "Deer Fast." 😂

A guy from 247 said he was the steel of the signing class. I thought our class was very good and filled a lot of need positions.

Glad they didn't. Sometimes it works in your favor to have them go under radar. I'm thinking this kid plays in rotation day 1. We don't got anyone with that speed and we really need it at that position with those screens we like to run

The question is, which one is faster?

I've seen both reverse time with their speed.

Superman did it in either the Superman 1 or 2 movie. Saved Lois Lane.

Flash did it in the TV series recently. Saved himself and The Arrow.....and Diggle I believe.

The Flash can actually travel back in time by creating his own wormhole.

He looks like he will make an early impact in the return game or by simply getting him the ball in space. In his HUDL film he consistently makes defenders look silly. There has not been a single time anyone I've seen has been able to catch him from behind once he gets into open space. He definitely doesn't shy away from contact, and I think he'll be a very good asset on WR end arounds. He gets to the edge very quickly. I know he'll face faster defenders on the field for us, but seriously, I believe he will end up being a much better weapon than a lot of people believe.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back