'16 FL WR Latrell Williams (UT signee 2/3/16)

Michael Thomas is a pretty good comparison in terms of stride. Size-wise, they are nowhere close, but I get the stride comparison. Williams is probably faster than Thomas if the 4.4 talk is accurate. Thomas is more of a 4.5s guy, but is roughly 6-3, 215, as opposed to Williams, who is 6-0 185.

Yeah I'm not talking about size wise. His style is similar with more top end speed.

Isnt/Wasn't there some questions about Marshall meeting academic requirements?????

Because I'm OCD about this stuff, here are the links to his various profiles;

Rivals
ESPN
Scout
Hudl

I am constantly amazed by the amount of talent in Florida that goes unnoticed until the end. This kid and Willie Johnson are two very underrated prospects. I know not everyone would be happy if we 'settled' for one of these guys but I really, really like their potential as slot/kick returners.

Reactions: 4 people
Because I'm OCD about this stuff, here are the links to his various profiles;

Rivals
ESPN
Scout
Hudl

I am constantly amazed by the amount of talent in Florida that goes unnoticed until the end. This kid and Willie Johnson are two very underrated prospects. I know not everyone would be happy if we 'settled' for one of these guys but I really, really like their potential as slot/kick returners.

If there were not grade concerns I think they would have already took Johnson.

Film looks good, could be a diamond in the rough here. Since I am not familiar, the area he plays in, does he play some good competition?

Lake city is the goods.

He is not a diamond in the rough, just a late bloomer.

He will have his choice of which major BCS school to attend, he won't be turned away

So the Miami offer from Richt was a non factor?

No but lake city is north florida miami is close to as far away as knoxville. Fsu or florida would have alot more pull in that part of the state. I just know people who have watched this kid play and know him a little i dont know the kid personally. This is one i will be excited to see where the kid goes.

He might like that Fuente style passing attack. More worried about VT than Miami.

Question: why would we take a guy like this and not hold onto a guy like Tadaryll Marshall (sp) who I thought was a pretty decent playmaker? I would figure we would take a guy who could help at other positions is his intended position didn't work out, and TM basically did it all for his team. Just wondering.

I'd be willing to be that if Latrell commits, it's under some "shirt" or preferred walk-on status.

Maybe at the time of when we told Marshall to find someplace else we thought we had a WR or two locked up.

VN Store

Back