'16 FL WR Latrell Williams (UT signee 2/3/16)

Yup..you're right. Sky is falling. These coaches don't know what they're doing. Fire Butch....Fire Scott...hell, go ahead and fire Shoop while we're at it. Shut down the program.

Once again being a d!ck... the dude expressed concerns and you turn it into something much bigger. Lmao

Reactions: 7 people
I wonder if an offer to this guy this late means the coaches feel like they are going to miss on all of their top WRs? If so, then thats concerning.

It looks they are in desperation mode. Look to really want one more slot guy and will continue to toss out offers till they get a bite.

What do you (or article) mean by not excel at Nike camp? Was it just in measurable such as 40 time or in things like pass catching drills etc?

Sorry, should've been more clear. It looks like his 40 time was the best at the camp but for some reason, he recorded an very slow 4.86 shuttle and his total SPARQ score was just 87.93.

Sorry, should've been more clear. It looks like his 40 time was the best at the camp but for some reason, he recorded an very slow 4.86 shuttle and his total SPARQ score was just 87.93.

Thanks, interesting he had best 40 time considering some of the times that have been discussed of him having at other places or on recruiting sites.

Yup..you're right. Sky is falling. These coaches don't know what they're doing. Fire Butch....Fire Scott...hell, go ahead and fire Shoop while we're at it. Shut down the program.

Not sure how you got this out of my comment. I voiced a small concern and you make it sound as if I am in full freak out mode. Unfortunately you aren't the only poster who does this. Why can't people voice a concern without being labeled as a pessimist.

I have full confidence in this staff's ability to recruit and develop players, but I also know that things have not gone as planned this go around. I am interested in seeing how it all ends up.

Reactions: 4 people
A slot reciever doesn't have to have blazing speed. They can be a 4.5/4.6 guy. Their change of direction and quickness is what counts. Crisp route running and toughness are also what makes a good slot receive.

I don't know about this...

But, we definitely want Bob & Larry to pull in some new talent prior to Signing Day. So, trust in Larry. 4.6 in Lake City, Florida may be faster than a 4.6 in Lake City, Tennessee?

Question: why would we take a guy like this and not hold onto a guy like Tadaryll Marshall (sp) who I thought was a pretty decent playmaker? I would figure we would take a guy who could help at other positions is his intended position didn't work out, and TM basically did it all for his team. Just wondering.

Reactions: 1 person
Question: why would we take a guy like this and not hold onto a guy like Tadaryll Marshall (sp) who I thought was a pretty decent playmaker? I would figure we would take a guy who could help at other positions is his intended position didn't work out, and TM basically did it all for his team. Just wondering.

I'd honestly would have liked to seen Marshall and Chidi kept as commitments. WR, and DE. Looks like a couple positions the coaches are having trouble finish up for this class. I would have just left things alone. Add Warrior, and then one more, ideally Brown and call it good.

I'd honestly would have liked to seen Marshall and Chidi kept as commitments. WR, and DE. Looks like a couple positions the coaches are having trouble finish up for this class. I would have just left things alone. Add Warrior, and then one more, ideally Brown and call it good.

I think Chidi decided for himself, he's a really smart kid and will excel at Duke. However, considering the WR on our board this cycle, I held TM in high regard and thought he moved extremely well with the ball in his hands, and played against decent competition in Ala.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently the staff wasn't all that impressed by Chidi's senior season tape and didn't think he had what it takes to contribute here. I don't mind them cutting ties with a guy they don't see making a difference here. Granted, many would argue not to accept his commitment in the first place, but some of these guys are taken with the hopes that they will live up to or exceed the potential the staff sees in them.

As for Marshall, I think the staff is looking for a speed-burner to put in that slot position, like Hardman, Willie Johnson, Ahmmon Richards, Marquez Callaway, and this Williams kid. Marshall isn't really a speedy guy. Just an all-around pretty good talent. JMO.

Apparently the staff wasn't all that impressed by Chidi's senior season tape and didn't think he had what it takes to contribute here. I don't mind them cutting ties with a guy they don't see making a difference here. Granted, many would argue not to accept his commitment in the first place, but some of these guys are taken with the hopes that they will live up to or exceed the potential the staff sees in them.

As for Marshall, I think the staff is looking for a speed-burner to put in that slot position, like Hardman, Willie Johnson, Ahmmon Richards, Marquez Callaway, and this Williams kid. Marshall isn't really a speedy guy. Just an all-around pretty good talent. JMO.

4.6 is a speed-burner?

A 4.6 is not accurate as been stated. He is in the 4.4 range. Just watch his film, he pulls away from db's. Hudl has him listed as a 4.38.

Do you have a link? In the highlights shown a few posts up, he doesn't pull away. In fact, doesn't even score a touchdown. But that may be old film

I think Chidi decided for himself, he's a really smart kid and will excel at Duke. However, considering the WR on our board this cycle, I held TM in high regard and thought he moved extremely well with the ball in his hands, and played against decent competition in Ala.

Chidi said himself on Twitter that he was pushed out.... Called it business and said he understands

I won't lie he didn't play top level Alabama talent.

Didnt realize the kid played at columbia. Ill have to ask my dad and my brother about him. Looks good on tape and columbia plays against solid competition.

Okay now I see his real speed. He's a long strider. Very similar to Michael Thomas for the Buckeyes. That's why his 40 isn't super fast. He's very fast on the top end though.

Michael Thomas is a pretty good comparison in terms of stride. Size-wise, they are nowhere close, but I get the stride comparison. Williams is probably faster than Thomas if the 4.4 talk is accurate. Thomas is more of a 4.5s guy, but is roughly 6-3, 215, as opposed to Williams, who is 6-0 185.

VN Store

Back