'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

To me this class is a C without this kid and a C+ with it.

Those grades are a little bit a victim to how good butch has been so far but none the less a very medicroe class
I agree. Not great, very average. It was said we were going for needs since it was a small class. We whiffed on some major needs IMO. I think the stars didn't align for us very well this year and multiple reasons caused this. JMO.

Reactions: 1 person
JAV (real insider on 247): "Brown and Clark aren't coming unless there's some ridiculous change of momentum. Kongbo is planting his foot firmly in the ground and insisting that he's coming to Knoxville."

Reactions: 6 people

Those grades are a little bit a victim to how good butch has been so far but none the less a very medicroe class

We have signed arguably the best QB in country.

We have possibly the greatest DB haul in a looooong time.

We have signed an elite 4.29 speed burner!

Though the overall star score may not show it, this is a quality class that will provide much needed depth and fill spots nicely. If we can get Kongbo, this will definitely be one of the strongest closes in recent memory, probably since Fulmer was here.

JAV (real insider on 247): "Brown and Clark aren't coming unless there's some ridiculous change of momentum. Kongbo is planting his foot firmly in the ground and insisting that he's coming to Knoxville."

is that from their board, or from a twitter account that we need to follow?

I am in no way an insider guys but I coach here in West TN and one of my players father is a huge ole miss booster. Just asked if he has heard anything and he said that as of right now it's trending to TN, that's from an ole miss coach. That doesn't mean it can't change but just what he told me just now. Don't shoot me if he changes his mind just what he told me. Again, I am not one of these who makeup crap for the hell of it. I have claimed to know about a total of two recruits over the years, one being Richie Brown a few years back and this one.

Last edited:

The AVG star rating is the highest in the last 3 years. So player-for-player this class is the best based on recruiting analysts. But its a C. Then what were the other classes, a D? I agree its not an A class because we missed on a couple players we obviously wanted. But this class is strong. Great mixture of guys that will help immediately and some developmental guys with very high ceilings. This DB class is loaded.

At last check that wasn't close to being true.

Assuming singing Williams today doesn't help that either

You can't be serious? Half of our commits are 4 stars, it's not as if we are coming off of a NC. He is doing an outstanding job. There is a huge difference between a 4 star with offers from Arizona and West Virginia or offers from UGA, AU, and Bama. Those are the ones we are getting now as compared to Dooley and the last few years under CPF.

Reactions: 2 people
No idea. Wish i were there for this one. Im checking VN to see who has officially made it in. I still love Tennessee and hope nothing but the best.

Thanks for the info your supply!

At this point, do you believe that next year's class could be as epic as some are hoping it will be?

You can't be serious? Half of our commits are 4 stars, it's not as if we are coming off of a NC. He is doing an outstanding job. There is a huge difference between a 4 star with offers from Arizona and West Virginia or offers from UGA, AU, and Bama. Those are the ones we are getting now as compared to Dooley and the last few years under CPF.

Good grief folks

It's a very average class by jones standards

That's really easy to see

Why do you guys always go back to Rivals for these rankings conversations? They aren't of the same caliber that they were 10 years ago, or even 5. They lost all of their creative energy and a lot of their connections. 247 is the new standard, and Scout is trying their damndest to come back. ESPN is trying to break into the market, because they know the demand is enormous, but they don't have the resources.

Using Rivals rankings to grade a class is laughable in 2016.

VN Store

Back