'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

I don't believe the rumor one bit but ,If he wanted to come here and his dad was that set against it his dad is getting paid to send him there.

It's true dad is the issue. The only time parents don't sign LOI means they don't get to cash the check

Good grief folks

It's a very average class by jones standards

That's really easy to see

Losing on DT Derrick Brown is a big loss and I think WR Kyle Davis is as well (will never understand why he picked Aub) but what are the toughest positions to recruit toward? 1) QB 2) DT and 3) CB... We hit it out of the park on 2 of the 3.

A good DT haul next year and a top 5 class (very possible with a 10 win season) while keeping Tee Higgins in the fold and this program's future looks great.

Reactions: 1 person
Full court press
Per Twitter....
So, the students just sang Rocky Top to Kongbo as he was face-timing w/ Kamara. Love it! #VolsNSD16

Lol

That's good.

Funny we were told earlier that cbj doesn't believe in pressure in recruiting thru his players

Full court press
Per Twitter....
So, the students just sang Rocky Top to Kongbo as he was face-timing w/ Kamara. Love it! #VolsNSD16

How big has Kamara been? Dude is just as important to recruiting as he is on field. I can't even keep up with amount of kids he personally goes out of his way to get them here

The AVG star rating is the highest in the last 3 years. So player-for-player this class is the best based on recruiting analysts. But its a C. Then what were the other classes, a D? I agree its not an A class because we missed on a couple players we obviously wanted. But this class is strong. Great mixture of guys that will help immediately and some developmental guys with very high ceilings. This DB class is loaded.

You NAILED it! Avg star is very high this yr=solid class!!

Losing on DT Derrick Brown is a big loss and I think WR Kyle Davis is as well (will never understand why he picked Aub) but what are the toughest positions to recruit toward? 1) QB 2) DT and 3) CB... We hit it out of the park on 2 of the 3.

A good DT haul next year and a top 5 class (very possible with a 10 win season) while keeping Tee Higgins in the fold and this program's future looks great.

I am far from being discouraged about the class. I think it's plenty good to keep those heading the right direction

I am just saying this is a very average class
Comparable to Butches other classes

Last edited:
How could you take this dude seriously :crazy:
FREEZE_HUGH_2005COAT150.JPG

I would if I needed help building a dam.

Reactions: 11 people
I'm pretty confident which doesn't mean much. It may be a "mess" but the fact that VQ hasn't said we lost momentum or whatever else to mean he's going elsewhere combined with Butch being our head coach, I think we have a great chance.

It's true dad is the issue. The only time parents don't sign LOI means they don't get to cash the check

He's probably 20 or 21 why would his parents need to sign LOI? I understand if he's HS kid underage but not juco adult.

I signed back in 89 and I was 18 at the time. I know things have changed but I swear I don't remember my parents signing my papers.

This recruitment (today) has been like the UK game last night. Started out in a bad spot early, but seem to be fighting back!

VN Store

Back