'15 VA SG Chris Clarke (former TN commit, now VPI)

"I've been talking to Tennessee, East Carolina, Creighton, UConn, Florida, Iowa State, VCU, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Florida State and Maryland the most regularly."

The Florida Gators signed a talented a small forward out of Virginia last year in Devin Robinson and are hoping they can come back for more in the 2015 class.

"Florida has a great program. I love the coaching staff there and the players coming in that will be there."

UConn coach Kevin Ollie won a national title in just his second season as head coach, the school's fourth title since 1999. UConn's winning ways have Clarke thinking long and hard about joining the Huskies.

"UConn has a great program and a great team. They have a great coaching staff too. Winning the national championship will be a factor because it means I know they can win there."

As soon as Donnie Tyndall took the job at Tennessee, one of his first recruiting calls went to Clarke. The Volunteers have made the four-star prospect a priority.

"With Tennessee, it's the same things I like about Florida. They have a great program and a great coaching staff there."

"I'm in the process of cutting down my list now. I haven't scheduled any visits yet. I'll decide on visits after I narrow down my list, take my visits, and then make a decision."

Thanks Ziti, love this guy, hoping we can land him.

Would love to land...

PG Evans
SG Fitzpatrick
SF Clarke
C Marshall

Obviously, we are in on some other really great players I'd love to land but these guys seem the most realistic "big gets" at their position if that makes sense.

Also, while we are talking recruiting.....

How many scholarships do we have for 2015 as it sits right now? 2 + Chiles, Jrich? So just 4 assuming no attrition?

Would love to land...

PG Evans
SG Fitzpatrick
SF Clarke
C Marshall

Obviously, we are in on some other really great players I'd love to land but these guys seem the most realistic "big gets" at their position if that makes sense.

I like those 4 also, would love Beasley as well, but with Mostella being cleared not as much of a priority anymore IMO.

Also, while we are talking recruiting.....

How many scholarships do we have for 2015 as it sits right now? 2 + Chiles, Jrich? So just 4 assuming no attrition?

Yup, my guess is a class of 4-5, you can almost always count on some sort of attrition.

@coreyevans_10: Look for a condensed list by 2015 Cape Henry wing Chris Clarke to be released in the next few days or so

Clarke has not taken any steps to narrow his list yet, as that will come later this summer, but he did say that some schools are currently showing more love than others. “No one school is sticking out yet, but some schools are coming harder than others. Tennessee, Iowa State, Creighton, Florida, UConn are the hardest right now.” - See more at: Chris Clarke Digesting a Monster Summer | Vantage Hoops

Reactions: 1 person
Would be hard to beat the Gators or the defending champs if they are "coming hard" after him. imo

Unless proximity to his home plays a factor in his decision. hoping it does...

Would be hard to beat the Gators or the defending champs if they are "coming hard" after him. imo

Unless proximity to his home plays a factor in his decision. hoping it does...

I ultimately don't think Florida pursues him all that hard, but I could be wrong.

four-star chris clarke has officially cut his list to seven schools according to national scout corey evans.
Connecticut, florida, iowa state, tennessee, creighton, minnesota and virginia tech made the cut for the 6-5 wing from virginia beach (va.) cape henry collegiate school. Currently four schools have predictions in clarke's crystal ball with connecticut leading over virginia tech, who is second. Highly valued by 247sports with a no. 40 ranking, clarke is an athletic force on the wing with his non-stop motor and a skill package which can affect the game in a multitude of ways. Clarke is ranked no. 78 in the 247sports composite.

Reactions: 1 person
Va Tech and UCONN scare me the most here, really hoping we can land him, think he would thrive in Tyndall's style.

From talking with some around the situation this week, the home visit went well enough that Tennessee was able to nail down an official visit date with Clarke and his family for Oct. 24. That's a very positive development for a versatile performer that many think is tailor made for Tyndall's system. UCONN is also believed to be a major player for Clarke, and perhaps the school to beat.

-VQ

UCONN has a couple guys higher on their board, Corey Evans wrote a good piece about the situation last week when Clarke was visiting. Hopefully they land a couple of those guys and ultimately thaw themselves out of the Clarke sweepstakes.

VN Store

Back