'15 VA OL Matthew Burrell

ESPN Insider claiming 'big news' and that he has announced a favorite last night. Anyone got the scoop? :hi:

Go Go Gadget moderator! LOL So seriously, do we have any chance with Burrell? I'm beginning to worry about this OT situation.

Serious note: Ohio st is his leader, mentioned FSU, penn state, florida, bama, LSU, said tennessee might could get in the mix

Serious note: Ohio st is his leader, mentioned FSU, penn state, florida, bama, LSU, said tennessee might could get in the mix

Yup, here are a few quotes from the article.

ESPN 300 offensive lineman Matt Burrell named Ohio State as his leader, followed by Florida State and Penn State. Alabama, Florida, LSU and Tennessee are still on the list, but it will be difficult to overtake those three.

Burrell has been out to Ohio State, will visit Florida State this weekend for the Clemson game and plans to see Penn State on Oct. 25.

It was a pretty impressive troll job until the guy came clean. He had me convinced and then just pulled the rug out from under me.

I had posted the good news (not knowing it was a troll job) on twitter and then scrambled to delete it after coming back onto Volnation expecting pages of excitement and hope only to be disappointed

@HeaftyLefty: Waiting to see what shy tuttle does, y'all let me know #GBO

...I still think we got a chance with Burrell. Next weekend is gonna have huge recruiting implications

@HeaftyLefty: Waiting to see what shy tuttle does, y'all let me know #GBO

...I still think we got a chance with Burrell. Next weekend is gonna have huge recruiting implications

Why?

He's taken about 19 visits, and none to Tennessee. He's got his OV's lined up and not taking one to Tennessee. IMO there is a 0% chance here.

Why?

He's taken about 19 visits, and none to Tennessee. He's got his OV's lined up and not taking one to Tennessee. IMO there is a 0% chance here.

1. Neyland Stadium next weekend (especially the euphoria that will exist if we pull off a long over due win)
2. Kahlil McKenzie will essentially be his host
3. No better opportunity to play early
4. Our coaches documented ability to recruit

Reactions: 1 person
He does have one lined up for 10/4. So yes you are correct

Only seen Kahlil mention that. Is there someone else reporting it?

Also he has "tried" to get down a couple of times before but chose to go other places.

Kid is playing the follower game on twitter and thats it.

This is the latest version of trolling. ;)

Also he has "tried" to get down a couple of times before but chose to go other places.

If he doesn't show up next weekend, I'll agree with you

He may show up, but I'd be surprised if he did. As you mentioned he's claimed to be coming several times and no showed. Also 247 shows 2 OVs he took the last 2 weekends and 2 more he has set for later. None of which are UT. Looks like 247 doubts he shows up either. We'll see. Either way IMO Burrell and UT is probably not happening. Kahlil like most recruits really has no idea where the staff sits with other recruits.

He may show up, but I'd be surprised if he did. As you mentioned he's claimed to be coming several times and no showed. Also 247 shows 2 OVs he took the last 2 weekends and 2 more he has set for later. None of which are UT. Looks like 247 doubts he shows up either. We'll see. Either way IMO Burrell and UT is probably not happening. Kahlil like most recruits really has no idea where the staff sits with other recruits.

Me too. Plus he really loved the crab legs at Florida State.

VN Store

Back