'15 VA OL Matthew Burrell

The more I see from this kid the more I think hes playing the game and looking for more followers on Twitter. He posts pics of him with different teams gear daily and retweets everyone from every fanbase. Not that its a bad thing just wouldnt get my hopes up here. I dont even know if we are actively recruiting him.

Reactions: 1 person
The more I see from this kid the more I think hes playing the game and looking for more followers on Twitter. He posts pics of him with different teams gear daily and retweets everyone from every fanbase. Not that its a bad thing just wouldnt get my hopes up here. I dont even know if we are actively recruiting him.

:good!:

If Kahlil is high on him and wants him, I suspect that he saw something special about him. Could be any one of several things, effort, desire, attitude, quickness, technique, etc. As I have said many times on VN, I believe we take 5 OL in the 2015 class. Where they play in HS can be very different in college once they begin to get bigger and stronger.

It also helps an OL develop quicker when you have a beast like Kahlil across the line at every practice.

Last edited:
LebVol must be napping or something.

Nahh, Just don't think we are a factor here at all. I know he was scheduled a while back to visit, but not sure if he ever did. 247 does not show he's ever been on UT's campus. I know he has talked up UT a bit on twitter after McKenzie beat him like a rented mule, but twitter talk is just that, talk.

Do we take both Richmond and Burrell? OT's are a premium.

I think we need 5 OL in this class. OL was the one position we came up short at last year. Plus with Tiny leaving early and Dooley's great idea to take a grand total 0 OL in 2012, we have a need at the position. I'd take this kid for sure.

Nahh, Just don't think we are a factor here at all. I know he was scheduled a while back to visit, but not sure if he ever did. 247 does not show he's ever been on UT's campus. I know he has talked up UT a bit on twitter after McKenzie beat him like a rented mule, but twitter talk is just that, talk.

I was just kidding, anytime there's even the slightest discussion of numbers it's like your bat signal or something.

I felt like this guy was a UF lean for sometime. But as the recruiting situation at Florida continues to deteriorate, maybe we can mop up some of the mess. Burrell tweets fairly often with McKenzie. We just need to get him on campus, preferably Oct 4th when McKenzie is also here and we play the Gators. Sure it's a long shot, but the #9 OL in the country is worth the effort with our lack of depth on the line. If we get him on campus on Oct. 4th, I think we will sway him

Reactions: 2 people
If we do miss on Richmond I'm sure they will try to get back involved with Burrell.

Kahlil @KM1_Era tells #BOR on the post game show that he and Matthew Burrell will be visiting for the Florida game.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back