'15 TN OT Drew Richmond (Former Ole Miss commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the funny thing is Ole Miss is a stepping stone. UT is a destination. (Unless you're Lane)
Freeze will be gone soon enough. And some of these recruits will be just like those that signed with Vandy.

Freeze will be at Ole Miss as long as he's wanted. It's his dream job.

I understand the desire to be close to family. What I don't get is why an "elite" player would go to a school where he has absolutely ZERO chance of playing for a title. Anybody can see the potential at UT for the next 4 years. It's a no-brainer. There is absolutely NO scenario where Ole Miss makes it to Atlanta unless it's the Chick-Fil-A bowl or opening game. Don't players WANT to play for a title????

I hate that it looks like Richmond is trending to Ole Miss. But I also know if he is still taking visits, it's a soft commitment at best. Had he committed to us, there would have been 5 months of hand wringing all the way to NSD.

He saved VN money on anxiety medicine. Thank you DR!!!

Per Woody on VQ

Agree with what Paul said earlier about Richmond most likely picking Ole Miss yesterday. As we make preparations behind the scenes that seems to be the info we are getting. However, I did exchange texts with Richmond today, who told me that he is still undecided. Now, he could be trying to create a little more drama, or he could be telling the truth. At a point earlier in the summer, he did tell me that Tennessee looked like the place he would commit, but as we know his last trip to Ole Miss sort of changed everything.

The bottom line is that I think he might be rushing to make the announcement tomorrow before he's 100 percent decided. Sept. 9 is a day of significance for him because it's the day one of his best friends passed away a few years ago. He credits this friend with helping push him to play football in the first place. With him likely to take five officials, I still think the race is far from over, even if Ole Miss gets his commitment tomorrow. Now that doesn't mean I 100 percent believe he's a multiple commitment guy, but I do believe he will continue to explore his options all the way until National Signing Day.

Per Woody on VQ

If you are in fact "undecided," and want to take five official visits, what is the point of committing tomorrow? It's nice that he wants to honor his friend, but there are ways to do that other than committing just to get it done by a self-imposed deadline. If you are sure, sure--do it; if not, no rush, man.

Cannot fathom losing the #1 linemen on our board to Ole Miss. I guess every family is different but we were led to believe Shy Tuttle would be extremely hard to convince to go out of state and now we're leading and just waiting for his announcement. Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia yeh that would just be par for a recruiting battle but Ole Miss? Jesus.

Cannot fathom losing the #1 linemen on our board to Ole Miss. I guess every family is different but we were led to believe Shy Tuttle would be extremely hard to convince to go out of state and now we're leading and just waiting for his announcement. Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia yeh that would just be par for a recruiting battle but Ole Miss? Jesus.

I hear the argument for close proximity to Oxford but I agree that something doesn't feel right about this recruitment and I felt the same way about Tunsil.

If all the recruiting analysts are switching their CBs to Ole Miss, and Hubbs and other respected writers are giving every indication that Richmond will not announce for UT tomorrow, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

However, it would be the perfect setup for Richmond to really "shock" the recruiting world and generate some additional positive attention for the program if he chose the Vols on Tuesday morning after the momentum had apparently shifted so far in Ole Miss' favor.

I'm not expecting this to happen. But, I can't help but leave the door open to such a possibility.

If all the recruiting analysts are switching their CBs to Ole Miss, and Hubbs and other respected writers are giving every indication that Richmond will not announce for UT tomorrow, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

However, it would be the perfect setup for Richmond to really "shock" the recruiting world and generate some additional positive attention for the program if he chose the Vols on Tuesday morning after the momentum had apparently shifted so far in Ole Miss' favor.

I'm not expecting this to happen. But, I can't help but leave the door open to such a possibility.

The CBs are beginning to switch in mass quantities. Looks like we won't be the team he announces tomorrow.

Drew Richmond's Crystal Ball Predictions

A little Michael Oher'esque... Oh look, freeze is involved in this one too.. Hmm..

Good Luck to the young man. He may not be done but if he does in the end not pick the vols he has been classy the whole way. Hope he has a great future except when he plays us. He is a beast and I wish he was going to be in Orange but can't get everyone. :toast::boredom:

Reactions: 2 people
If you are in fact "undecided," and want to take five official visits, what is the point of committing tomorrow? It's nice that he wants to honor his friend, but there are ways to do that other than committing just to get it done by a self-imposed deadline. If you are sure, sure--do it; if not, no rush, man.

Well it was spelled out for you in the story in black and white.

We led for quite some time and Drew, himself has never mentioned that lead being overtaken by Ole Miss iirc. Could just be playing his cards close.

The CBs are beginning to switch in mass quantities. Looks like we won't be the team he announces tomorrow.

Drew Richmond's Crystal Ball Predictions

Like I said, I have no reason to believe that he won't pick Ole Miss tomorrow based on all reasonable indicators.

But, I can't help but recognize that things are set up very neatly for a nice surprise.

I expect he will announce his intentions (at least at this point) to play in Oxford. However, the shock from hearing Richmond choose the Vols on Tuesday would be welcomed.

What I don't get is why an "elite" player would go to a school where he has absolutely ZERO chance of playing for a title. Anybody can see the potential at UT for the next 4 years. It's a no-brainer. There is absolutely NO scenario where Ole Miss makes it to Atlanta unless it's the Chick-Fil-A bowl or opening game. Don't players WANT to play for a title????

Not all great players go to top tier football schools. If the coach can sell them, that's all that's needed. The potential is all in the coach.

And to be honest, the only thing top tier about Tennessee right now is history it's till 2001. Ole Miss has won 3 bowl games in the past 5 years. How many have we even been to?

Last edited:
If Richmond commits to our Vols it would be great. If he decides to commit to Ole Miss, wish him all the best. He is still a Tennessee son. Getting or missing out on one recruit will not make or break this class. Having said that, I really hope that he stays home, dons the Orange and becomes a Vol for Life.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back