'15 TN OT Drew Richmond (Former Ole Miss commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Richmond commits to our Vols it would be great. If he decides to commit to Ole Miss, wish him all the best. He is still a Tennessee son. Getting or missing out on one recruit will not make or break this class. Having said that, I really hope that he stays home, dons the Orange and becomes a Vol for Life.

That's the problem and what people are missing. OM successfully pitched that they are home! Smart of them to get local families reaching out to Richmonds family. That's a Butch style move.

That supposed to make it easier?

It should. But it seems like people want to just overreact and freak out if he commits to Ole Miss. Nothing is definite until NSD. But please continue to think negatively if you wish. I personally believe even if he does sign with Ole Miss that CBJ can flip him.

Reactions: 1 person
If Richmond commits to our Vols it would be great. If he decides to commit to Ole Miss, wish him all the best. He is still a Tennessee son. Getting or missing out on one recruit will not make or break this class. Having said that, I really hope that he stays home, dons the Orange and becomes a Vol for Life.

Wrong. You are either with us or against us. If he signs with Pississippi he is their son.

Sorry KB I wasn't trying to make that confusing. I was stating that the main concern among some higher donors I know is whether CBJ and Mahoney could recruit top OL, not just LTs, over teams like Bama, etc. Guard wise I think we are good to go. I think Sanders, Boulware, Wiesman, Robertson, and Stewart all have great potential. I worry about Stewart's ability to pass block top DL, but in all that's some very good young talent at G. I think Kendrick, Jones, Hall, and Thomas all provide good RT depth, but who's going to step up at LT. Kendrick? Thomas? Long term, as of this very day, LT is our biggest need, especially if Shy commits to us soon.

I will also say this, I don't really like sharing tons of info from people I know simply because it's still mostly opinions of guys who are very close to the program. I do know this for certain, our staff really likes Robertson, Wiesman, Jackson, Kerbs, and Kendrick. How to get all those guys on the field at the same time is the real issue. I also know that Bajakian is highly regarded as a great spread option OC. I've heard many people around the UT community say they wouldn't be surprised by 2017-18 when we start really winning if he doesn't get some nice head coaching job opportunities. I say this due to the negativity I have seen this week over the "vanilla" offense. Our OC is highly regarded among his peers, so I think we are in good hands. I also know that Jancek was a worry as well. I feel from the last two games that worry has probably been erased. Jancek has been known to be a very zone conservative DC at times, we saw that with all the QB spy zones we ran last year, but I believe he understands that for us to win we must create pressure. I personally feel we should lock up every defensive coach we have long term but that's my personal opinion.

Also, it should be noted that Jancek was Cincy's recruiting coord for two years. He's a huge asset in recruiting, and you can already see the benefits.

I don't follow recruiting much but next time you talk to your people tell them to google Eric Fisher, #1 pick in 2013 draft as a tackle. Played LT in college, RT last year and Reid moved him to LT this year. Recruiting and developing offensive linemen should be the least concern with this staff.

It should. But it seems like people want to just overreact and freak out if he commits to Ole Miss. Nothing is definite until NSD. But please continue to think negatively if you wish. I personally believe even if he does sign with Ole Miss that CBJ can flip him.

Sorry but chances of that are slim to none simply because that hasn't been Butch's style. He has a 'we want who wants to be here' style. Not that he'll stop recruiting Drew totally, but it will ultimately be up to Richmond to reach out and express he made a mistake, and not our staff pressuring him, and even then his spot will likely be gone. And don't give me that 'make room for 5*' stuff. Butch doesn't evaluate based on that and Richmond WILL fall down our board based simply on initially wanting to go somewhere else. Look for us to go hard at the next target and wrap that spot up soon.

Not all great players go to top tier football schools. If the coach can sell them, that's all that's needed. The potential is all in the coach.

And to be honest, the only thing top tier about Tennessee right now is history it's till 2001. Ole Miss has won 3 bowl games in the past 5 years. How many have we even been to?

I just see our upside for the next 4 years as MUCH higher than theirs. They play in the West for Bama, Auburn, LSU and A&M are light years ahead of them. We could easily contend for the east within 2 years. That was my point.

lets keep it classy today folks.... what you feel today will be alot different that what you feel the first few days of february... when this thread will be filled with rumors of a flip #aintovertilitsoverbutch

Sorry but chances of that are slim to none simply because that hasn't been Butch's style. He has a 'we want who wants to be here' style. Not that he'll stop recruiting Drew totally, but it will ultimately be up to Richmond to reach out and express he made a mistake, and not our staff pressuring him, and even then his spot will likely be gone. And don't give me that 'make room for 5*' stuff. Butch doesn't evaluate based on that and Richmond WILL fall down our board based simply on initially wanting to go somewhere else. Look for us to go hard at the next target and wrap that spot up soon.

Right. His evaluations are based on talent and our needs and Richmond is at the top of our board on both. I think our staff's approach is done on a case by case basis and although Jones hasn't aggressively pursued many recruits once they have committed elsewhere, there will be exceptions for one with this much talent in a position of need that we used to lead for and has also announced that he wants to still take OV's...It will be an uphill battle to flip him but I would be shocked if Jones and Co. didn't unleash everything in their arsenal to pull it off.

Right. His evaluations are based on talent and our needs and Richmond is at the top of our board on both. I think our staff's approach is done on a case by case basis and although Jones hasn't aggressively pursued many recruits once they have committed elsewhere, there will be exceptions for one with this much talent in a position of need that we used to lead for and has also announced that he wants to still take OV's...It will be an uphill battle to flip him but I would be shocked if Jones and Co. didn't unleash everything in their arsenal to pull it off.

me too.. doubt very much we just move on... would contradict his statements about the importance of locking down our state

This one will sting this morning...but seriously, I hope the vol dimwits stay under their rocks today. This battle won't be over till February

me too.. doubt very much we just move on... would contradict his statements about the importance of locking down our state

I've tried to find the quote and can't but I remember reading where Butch said that he doesn't consider a recruit truly 'committed' as long as they are taking OV's...He meant that in reference to our commitments but I'm sure he would apply the same logic to another school's commitment as well. If Richmond does OV here, he will be given the red carpet treatment like no one ever has. We are behind but this is not over.

so today he is basically announcing his leader.... looks like his recruitment will still be wide open.

Are there some kind of bonus points awarded for having a presser to announce who the "leader" is?

This is such media crap that I need to go take a dump.

WHO CARES? We all know what most early commits are worth (similar to what I leave in the john in the bathroom).

That's the problem and what people are missing. OM successfully pitched that they are home! Smart of them to get local families reaching out to Richmonds family. That's a Butch style move.

Yes...It's apparent that Freeze's approach to Richmond was to try and take away any sense of in-state loyalty he might have by giving him the feeling of community and kinship where he is...I don't see Hugh Freeze beating us out for any top recruits outside of Memphis...but in Memphis there is no doubt that he could become a pain in the ass.

Sometimes even the best miss the target. Having contingencies for the misses is what matters. Many times the contingency ends up being better than the target.

I hope Drew becomes a VFL. If he doesn't, another quality player will.

lets keep it classy today folks.... what you feel today will be alot different that what you feel the first few days of february... when this thread will be filled with rumors of a flip #aintovertilitsoverbutch

This classy enough for ya?

1410231386_ultimate_saggy_pants.gif

Hopefully the staff just turns their focus to other OT's IF that is a position they want to use on one of the last spots now that Richmond is off the board. CBJ made DR a top priority and it did not work out. It happens. IMO don't give him another thought and use the spot for someone else. 2 spots left, just fill them and don't worry about DR from here on out.

"It's not over", "he is just naming a leader", "CBJ can flip him by NSD". I say forget all that. Get Tuttle and whoever best fits into that last spot and call it a day.

JMO

After he picks Ole Miss, hopefully this thread quickly drops to about page 4.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back