'15 TN LB Brant Mitchell

A kid at work was telling me about this guy today. I'd never heard of him, and considering Im a member of volnation I have way too much time invested recruiting. The kid said he was the #1 back in the state.

I asked him what year. He said "Period."

I kinda laughed because obviously, Jalen Hurd exists.

I looked him up on my phone and saw he wasn't rated by anyone... because he was a sophomore.

So, I'm curious, how good is this kid really. I don't foresee him as the #1 RB or we'd be talking way more about him, but is he top 5 or 10 players in the state or so?

I think the kid will play ILB in college and he will be a Vol. He may play some fullback or something in HS as well as LB. Maybe that is what your buddy was thinking.

Damn, that's some speedy responses.

Here's the best part though. We were talking about him, and some customers overheard us and one of the guys asked me what the guys name from Coalfield was, and considering I played against the kid at one point I knew it in a second and told him.

The guy behind him goes "HELL ya and he's ALL VOL!"

Made me smile.

Reactions: 1 person
Damn, that's some speedy responses.

Here's the best part though. We were talking about him, and some customers overheard us and one of the guys asked me what the guys name from Coalfield was, and considering I played against the kid at one point I knew it in a second and told him.

The guy behind him goes "HELL ya and he's ALL VOL!"

Made me smile.

That's awesome. I love Tennessee :rock::rock::rock:

Levon Kirkland was monster

Indeed, he was! At one time they had Kirkland, Kevin Greene, and Greg Lloyd and that just ain't right. Carnell Lake, Darren Perry, Rod Woodson. Damn, kinda makes me wonder how Cowher only won one SB. Then I remember he always chose a choke artist for QB.

same here. im sure TK2 has been working on him

Lack of numbers will be the only thing to watch out for. Cherry already on board at MLB, and a lot of offers out to LBs for the 2015 class. If Dews takes a GS, that makes (6) already in the class with a chance we only take 17-18 total. Would be crazy to see the 2015 class over half full by NSD 2014, but very possible.

Lack of numbers will be the only thing to watch out for. Cherry already on board at MLB, and a lot of offers out to LBs for the 2015 class. If Dews takes a GS, that makes (6) already in the class with a chance we only take 17-18 total. Would be crazy to see the 2015 class over half full by NSD 2014, but very possible.

7 with Camion Patrick

"It's good just to see the coaches again, just to talk to them —*and the players, too," Mitchell told InsideTennessee. "You know, just hang out."

On TK:

"Other than school, man, we hang out all the time," Mitchell said.

When asked of pressured by Todd:

"Not really. He's pretty laid back about it. I like that," Mitchell said.

The Rockwood, Tenn., native says he's "really excited" about returning to The Hill this fall to see the Volunteers in action at Neyland Stadium.

-scout

I just assume this guy is already committed. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like he will jump on a UT offer as soon as it is sent his way.

Brant is the same size as AJ Johnson, as an upcoming Junior in High School.

Just throwing that out there if you're wondering if he's a "take".

Brant is the same size as AJ Johnson, as an upcoming Junior in High School.

Just throwing that out there if you're wondering if he's a "take".

I think the kid is a take. We are in on a lot of quality 2015 LBs early. If a kid wants to be part of the Vols 2015 class, he won't be able to wait long. If Dews is part of the LB haul for 2015 along with Cherry, I only see us taking 1 more at the most.

“I’m still looking around,” said Mitchell, who’s being recruited by most teams as an inside linebacker. “I still want to go see places like Ole Miss. I want to see some other places, see what other places are like before I make my decision, because I don’t want to be ignorant toward the fact that I’ve never been to this place or that place.

“I haven’t really made any plans (for this season), but I’m sure I’ll probably go to a Tennessee game, probably go to a Vanderbilt game. I might go to Clemson or Ole Miss. And if another recruiter comes along and invites me to one of their games, then I’ll go to that.”

“When you grow up around something like that — such a traditional school as Tennessee — I mean, it’s every kid’s dream school,” he said. “I grew up watching them, and I’ve always followed them and stuff, and I still am a fan. It will play a pretty big part on the recruiting, but everybody else will still have an equal chance.”

“He’s a really good guy,” Mitchell said. “Every time I see him and every time we depart, he tells me that he wants me to know that they love me. When you’re talking to him, it’s like me and you talking. It’s not like, ‘Oh, I’m a big UT football coach,’ or whatever. I mean, it’s down-to-earth and it’s real talk. I really like him. He’s a good guy, and I can definitely see myself playing for somebody like that.

He also talked about how he and TKJr have a good relationship. TKJr recruits Mitchell, but he's not pushy and really laid back about it.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back