'15 TN LB Brant Mitchell

Any chance we try to get back in on brant with cherry looking around

While it would not hurt my feelings at all as I think the kid can play, I doubt it. I'd guess there are likely 2-3 other MLB's at least who would be ahead of Brant on UT's board.

While it would not hurt my feelings at all as I think the kid can play, I doubt it. I'd guess there are likely 2-3 other MLB's at least who would be ahead of Brant on UT's board.

There wasn't much interest in the beginning...doubt that's changed.

That may be true. He was one of the few MLB's offered, so I tell myself they were at least interested at some point.

His sophomore year and early junior year during the heat of the Kelly recruitment. Then it waned big time.

I think that Kelly would have been a Vol regardless. That is a good point though. I think Smith could possibly be a MLB.

I mentioned Smith as a possible MLB in another thread. If he is indeed 6'3 230 now as he is listed, getting him to 240-245 would be easy. Maybe Sapp is then back in play at OLB for our Vols depending on how the Paulk situation plays out.

That's where I see Smith ending up we well. If he is as athletic as has been talked about on here he could play the SLB spot as well but he almost has the size to play on the inside already and he will assuredly add some more bulk in our S&C program (6'3" 245 sounds like a MLB to me but like I said if he is athletic as has been said he could play outside as well).

I also think Cherry will be a Vol on NSD baring some sort of fall out between him and the coaching staff which I don't see happening. He was one of first commits and been on board for a long time. He seems to bleed orange and has been recruiting guys to join him in Knoxville. I would really be surprised if he flipped but I guess anything is possible in recruiting.

After watching the game yesterday gt is getting a good one

I agree, I watched the game as well. He was all over the field on both sides and won the offensive and defensive MVP. At Georgia Tech, I believe his future is at mike LB. Looking forward to watching how his career plays out.

VN Store

Back